Sign in to follow this  
natedogthehunter

Drop away rest

I liked my Ripcord Code Red until I decided a drop-away wasn't the best rest for me...if you're in the Tucson area I'll make you a good deal on it or you can try it out...

I have used the trophy taker for years and loved it. I used the shaky hunter model. but I switched to the whisker biscuit. the reason being is that when your string stretches just a little bit it will throw off the timing of when the rest drops and you could have the vanes hit the rest. You just have to always check the timing and the stretch on your string.

just my 2 cents

~Mark

AAE DOA rest. Love it.

/>I have used the trophy taker for years and loved it. I used the shaky hunter model. but I switched to the whisker biscuit. the reason being is that when your string stretches just a little bit it will throw off the timing of when the rest drops and you could have the vanes hit the rest. You just have to always check the timing and the stretch on your string.

just my 2 cents

~Mark

Buy a good after market string and it won't stretch on you.

Trophy taker smack down pro.. I like this option because you can go to the limb with your string and you do not have to worry about string stretch. Also, if anything where to happen to your string that times your rest, anyone can get it back in time. Takes no skill, just tightening a bolt. It is almost impossible to get a drop away rest, with the reverse spring tension out of time.

AAE, trophy taker, qad, NAP, ripcord, Hamskea, all reputable, all good

vapor trails limb drivers are good too

Trophy taker. been shooting one for the last 6 years. No problems what so ever.

Hamskea versa rest. Very versatile and very well built. Can be configured to operate off the top limb, bottom limb or off the cable. Also comes with lizard tounge blades for targets. Very high quality. You can also buy numerous tuning tools that you allow you to check third axis on your sight. I've tried a lot of rests and this one seems to be one of the better ones.