Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Which Muzzle Brake

I am going to have a Muzzle brake installed on a 30-06 for my wife and kid. My wife and kid have both fired my rifle and both love it, additionally my wife practices with snap caps so flinching is not too much of an issue. However, I would still like to bring the recoil down. I am already planning on having the barrel end threaded.

Anyone have any suggestions/experience as to which one to purchase. I have heard really good things about the "JP Recoil Eliminator." Have you heard of this one? Should I be looking at a different company.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS.

(to answer some questions which are bound to come up. No- not interested to buying a lighter rifle. No- we don't care about the added noise)

Muscle Break. I put one on my 7mm mag. My 13 daughter shoots this gun. I've shot other breaks and nothing compare IMO. Your welcome to meet me at the range and try it.

• Like 1

I would have to AGREE with huntjunkie the MUSCLE BREAK is from what I have heard the best on the market. PWS also makes one but I can not find any reviews. The Muscle Break I see that there a lot of marksman, military, and gunsmith that are using this because of the quality and craftsmanship. Here is the link to the Muscle Break http://www.piercisionrifles.com/apps/webstore/

Check out the muzzle break lineup that American Precision Arms offers. They are by far the most effective that I have shot. I have the Fat Ba$tard break on my 338 lapua and it tamed it down to feel like a 6.5 caliber rifle. They offer smaller ones for smaller caliber a but they are all awesome!

+1000 for the Muscle Brake! I'm also a fan of the Vias as long as your not shooting prone in the dirt. I believe Ryan over at precision rifles has created the most effective brake that is ported out the sides only resulting in very little to none dirt in your face while shooting prone. Great guy to do business with as well. I had lots of questions and even a design change when considering his brake. He meet all my expectations.

I had the round mini magnum muscle break put on a 300 weatherby and turned down alittle and it kicks almost like a 243 now

We put the above break on a 300 ultra and it works great, i also put vais on a 7 mag and i love the look, it tames it awsome but you get a little dirt blow back when prone

I looked into the muscle break and like what I am seeing. I called the company and they recommend the flat mini mag for my rifle. I think that is the route I am going to go now.

It's only $20 more than that jp muzzle break and there are a lot more reviews on the muscle one.

This reason I had considered it is from a few videos on you tube. I'd upload one but dont know how but there is a guy shooting a 7mm (handgun) with one hand. however I prefer actual experience vs YouTube.

/>Didn't upload pic first time sorry

429mike,

How long have you had the round mini mag? Reason I ask is I requested a round version a few months ago and Ryan actually made one for me and said he has had others request them round.

They have them on the piercision arms website, says it ships the same day.

Look no further than the American Precision Arms (APA) Fat Bastard or Little Bastard Brakes. They are hands down the best brakes on the market