Sign in to follow this  
coueshunter

Any Yet???????

How's the shed hunting going? I havent went out, just got home from the hospital but hope in the next month or so I can get out. Hope some of you like Josh/Travis are finding some good ones............Allen...........

Allen,

I just had a bunch of days off and was sick so I have not been out. I am going to try to go on my next days off. The first place I am going to check is a place in Unit 23 where I found 6 Coues sheds in one morning. I will post what I find.

Travis

Let me know, I am doing honeydo's all weekend. On a side note, I think I saw your photo album. If its the one where you have a good front/back picture of a buck around 190 or so and you have a picture titled "truck full of bucks" then you had some real nice pictures and two real good bucks. Your buddy's buck sure had tons of mass and a couple of the bucks lined up seemed to have trash/droptines on them suggesting that area probably has produced some great non-typs along with the good genes you see in your two bucks. Great pictures Travis. Dont you live in AZ ? Thanks again if it was your photo album..........Allen Taylor.................

Allen, I haven't been able to get out yet. Maybe next week for a day or two. Check out the shed photo gallery to see some new ones that we've bought this year. All are off the White Mountain Apache Rez. Some total hogs!! I need to get out before it's 100+.

Josh

Allen,

I wish I could say that was my photo album that you saw, but it isn't. You are correct about one thing, I live in Globe, Az. Next time you come through Globe, I would be happy to show you my own pictures, I do have some good ones. I will post if I find any good sheds.

Travis

I am kinda screwed for a few weeks, I have surgery next tuesday and will be laid up for a couple weeks. Get out there and find me some monsters. p.s. Amanda showed me a picture of one either you or your family found..........what a hog.............Allen...........

Allen,

Good luck on the sugery. The one Amanda showed you was probably one of my dads.

Travis

Actually Travis, it was the newest one that is on my main page right now from the White Mtn Res. The one that is 122 and some change without a spread! That is amazing. It was fun to be able to hold them. I am glad Josh swung by my house with them!

Hope you find some good sheds Travis!

Amanda

Guest firstcoues80inches

i havent been out this year at all but i found one that was kind aold while hunting with my dad. it was just the base and it was about 4-5 inches around! makes me wanna see the buck. and the kool thing about it is we were hunting in a area where a guy we were hunting with has shot at a deer that would have gone 130+ EASY. also found a nice lik 4 point with a double brow tine!

casey

Thanks for clearing that up Amanda. Hopefully when I get out to find sheds that long steep hike will be worth it. Hey Casey, a 4-5 inch base is a great Coues Shed. Maybe you can find the other side.

Travis

Found my first fresh one of the year(better not be my last). It's a fairly small 2pter but brand spanking new. Found on the hike back to the truck about 75 yards from where I parked. I'll send Amanda a picture when I get them back.

Josh

I am finally going to get a day off to go to my "secret" spot to look for sheds. I am going to take my Lab to see if she can fetch any. I have worked with her a little, having her fetch some of the old sheds I have. Maybe if I am lucky I can find the sheds to the 95" buck I passed, on opening day last year. I will post a report on Sat.

Travis

I finally got out to look for sheds in 23 yesterday. I found my first fresh shed of the year, and like Josh's it was a small 2 point. The other one I found was last years shed.It was decent 4 point, but it was chewed on some.My dog didn't find any (maybe because it was 100 plus degrees.) I think I'll wait to look for more sheds until it cools down in the fall. Its just too hot to be hiking up those steep hills.

Travis

Well the heat about killed me yesterday. I hiked my tail off and ended up finding 3 Coues sheds. An old chewed up 3pt, a decent 2 pt and a year old 3pter. Good day but dang it was hot.

Josh