TREESTANDMAN

Need advice on handguns

Just thought I'd chime in and vouch for Treestandman. I'm the friend who showed him the tank where this all took place and I'm actually the one who first looked at the picture and noticed the lion in the back ground. If you didn't know there was a lion sitting there you would never notice it, but the picture is real. I also have another friend who was within a couple miles of this same spot earlier in the week and witnessed two lions together. He shot at one and missed. Also in this same general area last summer I got a picture with three lions at the same time with one of my trail cameras. It was likley a mother with a couple of one year old kittens. Most people would be surprised how many lions are actually out there roaming the mountains.

everyone needs to buy a tag and pack a gun. when you see one, shoot it. they're everywhere. i've taken quite a few over the years. we got one last year during pig season. if you know what you're looking for, their sign is everywhere. they make a neat rug, too. ain't bad in green chili and make decent jerky too. Lark.

someone sent me an email saying they thought it was illegal to shoot a lion during pig season. not so. a couple years back there was a statute that limited what you could take and what you could take it with, during spring turkey, javelina and some elk seasons. but that has been set aside. and you could always take a lion during a season you had a permit for, if you had a lion tag. anyway, it was all legal and reported to the game and fish and all that. buy a tag, shoot a lion. Lark.

Tam

Any pics to share. Lions Lions everywhere

I dont know if what im going to tell you is what your looking for, but i bought a Springfield arms xd-40 from gunbroker.com for $400(retail is 499) and I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!! i got the od green color, and it has some sort of grip on it with finger grooves and it fits mn hand perfect! i have shot about 600 round sthrough it and the only time it jammed was on the 300th shot of the day with no cleaning during the shoting time. it is very very accurate and fits my hand perfect. the thing that is awesome of the gun is that springfield arms also make a sub compact model, and the service model and the sub compact model both use the same magizines. the gun comes in a hard carrying case with 2 magazines. i love mine and next to my couse killer, and the 30-30 i inherited when my grandfather passed(sentimental value) it is my favorite guin and, for a 19 year old i have quite a few. they come in .9mm, .10 mm, .40 S&W, .357 sig i have the .40 and boxes of 100 can be bought at wally world for about 20$

Casey

Hi Treestandman,

I have 5 handguns, a Taurus semi auto - 9mm, a Ruger Superedhawk revolver - 44Mag, a Taurus 7 shot revolver - 357 Mag, a Glock 45 semi auto and a Kimber 45 semi auto. I prefer to cary the 357 Mag when out scouting or prospecting. I will ocasionally take one of the others, just so I can justify having them but the two revolvers are the most accurate. If I am hunting I load them with Magnums otherwise for target or self defense I use 38 special or 44 special. I think S&W's are overpriced. I think the Ruger is well made and has excellent customer suport. I like my Taurus Tracker revolver because it is titanium and very light to cary. If I were you, I would take up Arizona Guide's offer to shop with you. GOO LUCK!

i have to say go with a colt python....comfortable to shoot, reliable and accurate

I didn't read all the posts, so forgive me if I repeat a prevoius post. I own a hi-point 9mm. It is a cheap gun, but that is what you wanted right? I payed 160. I have put ~200 rounds through it with absolutely no problems. Shoots straight too. Overall it's a good gun in my opinion, especially for the pirce! I heard that Guns and Ammo gave them a good rating...maybe I'm mistaken????

All in all how much is your life worth? I make a decent living but w/ 3 little ones a wife ,dog,vehicles, house etc. the money needs to stay where its at- With some exceptions any thing that my life will depend on I will buy the best I can afford, and /or/ save up for it . as my dad would always say-"If your going to do it ,do it wright" I love auto's and fell confident in my training to carry one as a PDW. but when it all comes down to it a revolver is going to have 5- 10 shots available and if all of them do not fire than its either a broken pin or your turn to go . :unsure:

newbee, i agree, i feel, in buying my springfield arms xd-40, that i have the best handgun out there. i did a lot of research on it, and was willing to pay more money for a H&K or a Sig, but when it all came down to it, i liked the trigger and the action of the xd. the H&K and Sig all had to long of trigger pulls and that equals more time. some people would say that Glock makes the best handgun out there, and i have one of those also, a model 26. 9mm. i can shoot both of these handguns well and they both fit me well ( for my size i have small hands, and the glock has the clip extenders) would i trust the life of my self, my little brother and my parents with me having to protect ourselves with my xd, you bet your butt i would. would i trust it to stop a charging lion, deer, or pig, loaded with federal hallowpoints you bet your butt i would, the bottom line is i have confidence in myself and this gun. to me, besides a 8 round 12 guage, my xd is the best home defense out there