Big Browns

Wyoming 2014

I'm planning on putting in for Antelope in 2014. I would like to find a unit that has good draw odd's with 1 pp & plenty of public land access. I'm considering the following units 73,27,21,75 & 63. I will have to put in for the special draw if I want a chance at some of those untis. Anyone have any info on those units? I'm planning to look at some general Elk unit's after the Antelope hunt is over. I'm hoping to find an Antelope unit that is close to a General Elk unit so we can do some scouting for Elk. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Adam

Pm averagejoe. We are heading up next year.

You can contact my brother-in-law who lives there. He shoots deer and antelope each year like we do javelina ---plenty of them to go around and he fills his tags without much effort. Here are his recent harvests three days apart about two weeks ago in October. I know nothing about size, but he is in it for the meat every year.

post-4429-0-14824100-1382589889.png

post-4429-0-27672100-1382589989.png

• Like 1

I'm planning on putting in for Antelope in 2014. I would like to find a unit that has good draw odd's with 1 pp & plenty of public land access. I'm considering the following units 73,27,21,75 & 63. I will have to put in for the special draw if I want a chance at some of those untis. Anyone have any info on those units? I'm planning to look at some general Elk unit's after the Antelope hunt is over. I'm hoping to find an Antelope unit that is close to a General Elk unit so we can do some scouting for Elk. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Adam

Out of your list most likely Units 73, 75 and 63. Think central, south central, or southwest Wyoming for the best access and antelope hunting. Avoid units that have an asterisk (*) in the regs, as they have poor access. The hotbed is units 60, 61, 64 and 57 (though numbers have been down in 57) so any unit surrounding those is going to be a good hunt.

Well it's time to put in for Antelope in Wyoming. Casey and I are looking for info on a good unit to put in for. I have 2 PP's & Casey has 1. We are looking for a unit with good public land access. I know we might have a hard time drawing in the regular draw so we might consider putting in for the special draw. What units would you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Adam

I just submitted my modified application to WY for Antelope. 1st choice 75, 2nd choice 7 & 3rd choice 32. I'm still thinking about changing my 2nd choice to unit 27. Anyone have any informaion on 27,7 or 32?

• Like 1

Well adam we put in for 32 full price preference point. If you guys get drawn lets get together and see if we cant meet up there and help each other out

• Like 1

Well adam we put in for 32 full price preference point. If you guys get drawn lets get together and see if we cant meet up there and help each other out

My brother and I just put in for 32 also. Let me know if you guys are drawn Ill do the same.

I'm going to head up there next year. My office is in a Rock Springs. I usually work in UT, but work on the WY rigs too. I'd like to get in the draw for lopes next year. I have connections for mule deer and elk as well. Just need the tags.

Yes, I got my second choice unit 21. I'm leaving Oct 10th so I can get a few days scouting. Cant wait!!!!! It's going to be Awesome!!!!!!

Adam

Havasuhunter, I will have 7 points for Elk and Deer next year there and lookin for places to go. Just a hint. Any ifo would be appreciated. I wanna use em up well I am up here working the oilfield the next few years. Thanks............BOB

Cool Big Browns. I got a 63type 2 tag. Going down around the 22nd. Good luck........BOB!