Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

so pissed at my eyes

Been color blind all my life. In the market for a new rangefinder out to 1500 plus. Went to cabellas and tried swarovski and zeiss and the nunbers really light. Ended up buying leica 1600b cause darkest of all in store. Get home and try it outside and cant see the dang numbers. So frustrating

That sucks.. how have the ones with the black display look to you?

My son sees it perfect. I have a nikon 550 thats black and works perfect. The red kills me

I have a bushnell legend that goes out to 1500 yds. You might want to look at one of those.

I'm color blind as well and can feel your pain. I'm constantly struggling with the read out of most rangefinders. I use the vortex and even though the read out is red I can turn it on it's brightest setting and see it fairly well even in strong sun light. The Bushnell is the easiest for me to see though with the black display.

That does stink...never would have thought of that. Someone told me a while back that being color blind was actually an advantage when glassing, and made it easier to pick deer out. Is that the case in your experience? Hard to say I guess since you can't really compare yourself in both situations and eliminate other variables. I suppose it could have been one of those "lucky/good glassers" who just happened to be color blind and would have been good at picking them out anyway.

i have been told by several of my buddies that I pick up animals so much faster than others..not sure why...I will keep the Leica 1600b for long distance and the nikon for close.

Been color blind all my life. In the market for a new rangefinder out to 1500 plus. Went to cabellas and tried swarovski and zeiss and the nunbers really light. Ended up buying leica 1600b cause darkest of all in store. Get home and try it outside and cant see the dang numbers. So frustrating

Hey addicted,

I am also color blind. I have the Swarovski rangfinder and when I first bought it I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. But I messed around with it and realized that the angle that I looked through it helped me see the yardage and I have been using it for about 7 or 8 years with no problems at all. Just thought I would try and help.

Hey addicted,

I am also color blind. I have the Swarovski rangfinder and when I first bought it I thought I wouldn't be able to use it. But I messed around with it and realized that the angle that I looked through it helped me see the yardage and I have been using it for about 7 or 8 years with no problems at all. Just thought I would try and help.

2 of my buddies had the zeiss and the swarovski when we were archery hunting a few weeks ago and i couldnt even see the numbers at all...