Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

A TRUE HUNTING STORY/ HOW DO YOU SEE IT?

How do you see it ?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who was right?

First of all the names have been change to protect the innocent ;)

Rifle hunting bull elk .

List of Characters:

Group A =

Coming Storm = Friend of Family

Pacifist = Father

Almost = Son and hunter

Group B =

Under Pressure = Guide

Misses = Hunter

Video = Videographer

Coming Storm, Pacifist and Almost referred to as group A were stalking a large bull elk they had glassed early that morning. As the hunters drew closer to the large bull. Coming Storm glassed 3 hunters referred to as group B stalking the same bull. He said to the young shooter Almost be prepared group B is going to shoot first! Sure enough they shoot twice. First shot seems a clean miss and then a second shot with a smacking sound! Ouch, Coming Storm thinks they Hit the bull and sees the bull moving thru the trees down the ridge 100 yards or so. Group A goes over where bull was shot at to see it on the ground and talk and congratulate the hunters.

Instead they find Misses and Video of group B that tell them they missed both shots on that bull. Coming Storm says "Are you sure you missed . I heard a smack like a hit!" Emphatically the Misses says " I MISSED both shots and we found NO BLOOD any where".

Group A tells hunters how bad they feel for him and wish him better luck next time. And they head down the ridge because they still could hear bugling bulls across the big opening and maybe that big one was still around. They decide to cut back over to the big meadow and sit on the edge of the pj's looking out to the large opening.

As they are sitting there, Coming Storm suggests to Pacifist to sound off with a cow call a few times, which he does. A few minutes later Almost who is sitting at an angle as to slightly facing Coming Storm whispers real loud There is a bull right behind you headed towards us. Coming Storm whirls around quickly and Gasps" Its a big bull shoot him". Almost shoots and believes he hits the bull quartering away on his right rear side!

Group A rushes to the spot where the bull was standing and starts to look for Blood . All Of a sudden Group B shows up asking what happened . Group A tells them the story! They start helping look for Blood. Group A goes right , Group B goes left. within 5 minutes or so Coming Storm looks behind him and sees group B lining out like they were on blood! Coming Storm also notices a huddle going on just before they lined out!Coming Storm gathers the hunters of Group A and rushes over to Group B who sure enough are on the blood trail. Coming Storm Says" You guys should be following us as we track this bull seeing we shot it and have blood". Misses and Video look real squimish But Under Pressure the lead man of group B totally ignores us! Coming Storm emphasises again that this is very wrong.

Group B continues to move out in front of group A . Coming Storm decides to do the right thing and continue to follow blood for now. Under Pressure decides to swing out and flank the blood trail and Group A .All of a sudden 30 to 40 yards in front of Group A 2 shots are fired. Coming Storm hollers out, " First you follow our blood trail then you shoot our Bull, Wow you guys are real sportsmen".

Soon all 6 hunters are at the bull. Storm is not a happy hunter and proceeds to tell Group B the error of their ways.

Misses starts to back off and give group A the bull. Pacifist and Almost are also saying they don't want it now.

Storm says to: "Misses, Legally you get the bull because of the killing shot . But it was not ethical or morally right what you guys did.

Under Pressure calls Storm over to the rear of the bull there are 2 holes. These are different holes than what killed the bull as he was bedded. One hole way high to right of the tail and no blood and one shot on the rear right upper leg with blood dripping down the leg to the Hoof.

Storm agrees with Under Pressure that they hit that bull earlier that morning but never had a blood trail and was told they missed by the hunter

Storm and Pacifist and Almost take pictures and shake hunters hand and walk away with a unsettled feeling about how wrong this was!

Do You Agree or Not?

• Like 1

First of all the kill shot means nothing, its first blood that takes the kill.

Second of all I will just thank god that I can hike or ride away form this kind of thing, doesnt sound like hunting in the least to me. I would rather put my !@#@!&^ in a meat grinder than go after a possibly ounce in a lifetime Bull elk dream tag and have even 1 other hunter anywhere in the area.

I like the way the story was written though, well done.

• Like 1

The names lost me.... Is this a story like the old baseball joke "who is on first base?"

Thats what I was gunna say. I read the story twice and I still cant figure out who shot it.

• Like 1

Well if we learned anything from the Wagner case it is two (2) things: one (1) that a killing shot DOES NOT necessarily constitute legal procession of the dead animal BUT rather a mortally inflected wound or shot that that will eventually result in death! two (2) is that if you doing "something" while hunting that doesn't pass the smell test and your bosses yank you around for it, you can get 100K plus attorneys fees for your troubles! The second part is relative to this topic BUT.............

Let me see if I got this:

1. Misses shot and hits the bull way high to right of the tail but wound doesn't bleed .......Further, bull comes to calls several minutes after being shot

2. Almost shots the bull in the rear right upper leg with blood dripping down the leg to the Hoof

3. Misses was trailing blood from Almost's shot to the rear 30 to 40 yards in front of Group A 2 shots are fired......ie. Misses just preformed the "killing shots"

4. Misses starts to back off and give group A the bull. Pacifist and Almost are also saying they don't want it now

5. Coming Storm says to: "Misses, Legally you get the bull because of the killing shot . But it was not ethical or morally right what you guys did.

6. Misses possess bull

I find it hard to believe that someone would accept that they missed a previous shot at the bull and after hearing someone else shoot take on some else's blood trail and shot the bull at the end of the blood trail! WOW! I would not do that!

On the other hand maybe Misses thought that he hit the bull and Group A was yanking him around???????

Legally it would be impossible to determine who shot the bull high (no blood) and the rear leg (bloody wound)! Maybe a biologist could determine if the bloody wound to the leg was a mortal shot but absent a determination if it was a mortal shot and who inflected, the only thing can be determined is that Misses performed the killing shot and for the sake of this situation was the mortal shot.....hence he can posses the bull. UNETHICAL IF he truly did finish off a bull that he did not wound without letting the other party finish our their wounded bull!

Its between God and Misses what truly happened!

Wrong, wrong, wrong - most of it. It sounds like the shooters involved should've spent a little more time at the range so maybe there wouldn't have been 3 shots at the bull before the fourth and final shot put him down.

I know there are always 2 sides to every story and each side always tells the story differently, but from what you say group B needs to learn some manners.

My next suggestion is with Mulkepackhunter - find spots where there aren't so many people - then you don't have to deal with this.

• Like 2

Trophyhntr: Excellent Comprehension !! The story does state and emphasis that Misses plainly said he missed both shots when asked by Coming Storm and Group A.

MULEPACKHUNTER and naturegirl there are no secrets or sacred spots anymore . Probably due to the internet. Thank you for reading!!

With the corny names it reads like a riddle. It's difficult to follow without reading it 3 times. Under Pressure, Coming Storm Almost Misses. That's a sentence. But these are just a few of the names. Can you understand why it's confusing?

• Like 4

With the corny names it reads like a riddle. It's difficult to follow without reading it 3 times. Under Pressure, Coming Storm Almost Misses. That's a sentence. But these are just a few of the names. Can you understand why it's confusing?
Not at all! And yes this has just become a reading comprehension test . :)

If have heard both sides of the story!!

Sir royal are you the gentlemen that was screaming toward party b?

Seems you did not tell the whole story.

There are two sides and I am not commenting anymore but party B is in the right to tag that bull.

You said so yourself!!!!!

Quit slandering on the Internet!!!!

Did you young shooter get his bull? I hope so.

Good day.

Amanda I would close this discussion