COOSEFAN

Shortpants and COOSEFAN's adventure

Way to go Jim! That is some sweet looking country. I have wanted to do some backpack hunts for whitetail also but I have found that is hard to get more than a mile away from the ATVs anywhere that I hunt. I usually just let the other hunters push the deer into little pockets like you found instead of hiking all over only to run into more quads. Congrats again!

Lee

Congratulations, That's a great looking buck and I really enjoyed your storytelling. I'm hoping to do better though starting on the 10th. Does anybody know where I can get a good sandbag that will work equally as well on the side mirror as it does on the door or hood? :lol:

EBB

Atta way to go boys! Great story and pics Jim.

That's a heck of a nice buck and like you say it really is the hunt and the experience that makes the trophy ;)

well here we go again, another great experience with another great animal, I really enjoyed reading it as usual loved the pics.way to go coosefan and shortpants. :P

do you guys ever have a bad hunt? congrats and thanks for posting such a great hunt.

That first picture I belive you could make a postcard out of that.Great job,and what a great story.With Lot's of beautiful pictures. :)

Great story and awesome pics. Way to keep after it and congrats on the dandy buck. Nice lookin pickup you found as well.

good job jim! way to go! that buck is nice and would be very nice if he wasnt short on that right side! his body looks pretty good size, was he a fat buck? i bet he taste good!

Everytime I have a successful hunt or scouting trip, I always look forward to getting home and sharing it with you all! Thanks for your great reply's ;)

This buck did have a big body and we are guessing he's a 4 1/2 year old buck, not a whole lot of wear on his teeth but his body takes away from his antlers in the pics. It's one of those bucks you have to hold to appreciate the antlers he grew. I scored him tonight at 88" 1/8 gross and would have been over 90" if he matched his left antler. The buck that was laying next to him may have scored better, I'll never know, but I didn't care, this was the buck I wanted and his score is just the small details ;) JIM>

well here we go again, another great experience with another great animal, I really enjoyed reading it as usual loved the pics.way to go coosefan and shortpants. :P

do you guys ever have a bad hunt? congrats and thanks for posting such a great hunt.

Yeah we have bad hunts.......I just don't tell you guys about them :D :P

Actually, I have been incredibly fortunate over the last 12 months. This was my 4th Coues buck I've tagged in less than a year! I have a problem....I'm addicted to hunting these things and will do anything I can to do it and can never get enough of it! I hope my luck holds out though cause I'm gonna try and get two more in January '07 with my bow in AZ and Mexico :D

Thanks again folks for your reply's, I appreciate it ;) JIM>

Thats a nice buck and a great story, I'm with Mulie hunter you could of sent some of the lesser ones our way. Were the UDAs in your food and supplies or did they bring their own?

Great story and pics, thanks for sharing a great hunt.

Great story and nice buck! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

right on Jim- Alaska, now this- sweet !!!!

As far as backpacking, there are 2 schools of thought, Trial and error and actually breaking down every piece of equipment and weighing it. Then you go back to the drawing board and figure what, works, what didn't and what you may need for the next outing.

I've logged over 100miles with the backpack this year and am constantly evaluating my gear.

There are so many options that it's mind boggling. Titanium pots and pans, butane stoves, ultralight bivy sacks etc. I understand the claustrophobia in the KELTY shelter, especially if you're used to a big tent.

But I commend you on sticking with it and dropping a Fantastic COUES!

AzP&Y

Doug

Yeah we have bad hunts.......I just don't tell you guys about them :D :P

Actually, I have been incredibly fortunate over the last 12 months. This was my 4th Coues buck I've tagged in less than a year! I have a problem....I'm addicted to hunting these things and will do anything I can to do it and can never get enough of it! I hope my luck holds out though cause I'm gonna try and get two more in January '07 with my bow in AZ and Mexico :D

Thanks again folks for your reply's, I appreciate it ;) JIM>

Why do you think I'm so quiet. Jim has all the luck. I'm on a bad luck streak that I can't seem to shake but don't think I'm complaining. I had a blast hunting with Jim and I know when I do find success I'll just appreciate it that much more. Knowing I was with Jim on his favorite coues hunt to date and having Pops on the phone was a special day that I won't soon forget! Thanks for leetting me be there Jim.