Sign in to follow this  
joe hunter

27 outfitter with horses

My elk points are adding up.......I have been thinking about applying for 27 early archery elk next year. I've been in 27 before but don't really know that much about it and have been thinking about hiring a outfitter if I draw. I would think an outfitter with horses would be the way to go because of the terrain.

Know any outfitters with horses that hunt 27 ? I see post from a lot of guys that just hunt on foot. From what I've seen it seems like it would be a big help/advantage to have horses. I know there are easier units but getting way back into no mans land with a bow and a horse is hard to beat... IMO.... but I don't know that much about this unit. Who are some outfitters that hunt 27 with horses ?

I know it's early yet but elk hunting is serious business ! Thanks

DC outfitters does a bunch of mule back hunts in there every year. I would check with the sponsors on this site for sure. Lots of good outfitters.

Van Hale, DC Outfitters, Cuerno's out of Morenci if he is still outfitting. I had lunch with Clay, from DC Outfitters, good folks, that hunt productive country.

DC Outfitters specializes in 27 and uses mules.

If you hire an outfitter they'd be your best bet.