Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Savage BMAG and 17 WSM

Has anybody shot one? What do you think? I want an accurate little rimfire to plink around with.

Anybody seen ammo for these anywhere? I can't find any.

Plink may not be the right word with this cartridge as ammo is pretty pricey at about $17 a box. My local Walmart has some on the shelf but no rifles to go with it.

I got a smoking deal on one that I'm going to pick up today. $275 shipped. I am just having problems finding ammo. None at my walmart. I ordered 2 boxes from Cabelas online as they don't have any in store either.

I was on a wait list to get one. That is until I shot one. They feel like a plastic toy BB gun. I thought it was to good to be true at the price they are advertised. Well it is. They are cheaply built and poorly put together. The one my buddy has shoots OK but nothing like it has potential to (2 1/2"@100 yd). I like the cartridge but will definitely be waiting for a different brand to come out.

Very interesting. I'll keep this updated with results I get out of mine.

I ordered mine from sportsmans outdoor superstore and had a coupon. They're all sold out now.

I would have to agree with yotebuster... I bought one and it does not stand up to savage's reputation... my barrel that is supposed to be free floated isnt, and it doesn't even run down the center of the stock. I am disappointed in the gun with accuracy as well... I love the cartridge tho, just waiting till there is options to throw a different stock on and get some accuracy out of it, and I think they will be perfect fox and coyote guns