Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Anyone want to camp together in 35A for December Hunt?

this is sad that an American Citizen is not comfortable camping in the USA because of drug runners and human smuggling ILLEGAL persons on our soil.

• Like 1

I can find 20 guys who will camp with you for a night... But they won't speak any English...

I wouldn't mind giving those border units another crack but I'm tagged out until Jan 1. Good luck I hope you find somebody to partner up with.

I wouldn't mind giving those border units another crack but I'm tagged out until Jan 1. Good luck I hope you find somebody to partner up with.

NO, border units are SCARY all the bucks are GONE! Please apply somewhere else! HAHAHA BUAHAHA!

• Like 1

NO, border units are SCARY all the bucks are GONE! Please apply somewhere else! HAHAHA BUAHAHA!

I only hunted down there once for about rwo and a half days. First night I had three illegals traipse right past me at about 25 yards. First one didn't see me the second one waved at me and I waved back. Third one also passed by without noticing me but the a few minutes later I saw them come back and the second one was pointing me out to the third one. I waved at them, they waved to me and then they went away without incident. Still made me nervous though. Couldve been mules coming through that pass just as easily as migrant workers. I'll hunt there again at some point but next time I will remember to pack a sidearm.

I only hunted down there once for about rwo and a half days. First night I had three illegals traipse right past me at about 25 yards. First one didn't see me the second one waved at me and I waved back. Third one also passed by without noticing me but the a few minutes later I saw them come back and the second one was pointing me out to the third one. I waved at them, they waved to me and then they went away without incident. Still made me nervous though. Couldve been mules coming through that pass just as easily as migrant workers. I'll hunt there again at some point but next time I will remember to pack a sidearm.

These southern units have some awesome country and great bucks! As far as safety, you'll be fine. Drug mules and Undocumented Migrants want nothing to do with hunters.

Spent a little over a week down on the boarder sleeping out and around on the ground with lots of flashing lights over head and on the ground with a couple of pack animals .. no bodys and little sign .. but BP seemed to think they where there. I'd have to consider it a more friendly environment than Alaska though as I never once got the critters up there to wave back.

I slept in my rental at Parker lake. I also drove to the border patrol HQ and slept in the vehicle in the rest area right next door. I was alone most of the time and did not feel too safe being my myself out there in December, one the the mos active months

Big Browns, when are you coming down?

We stayed at Parker canyons lake last 5 days. It was a typical camp ground experience but wasn't worry about my stuff being gone while out hunting. We did glass up 3 guys packing big burlap sacks on their backs just north of the lake. Hope you find someone to camp with and good luck.

Big Browns, when are you coming down?

I'm planning on coming down this weekend for some scouting. I'm hoping to find some glassing spots to start with on opening morning. I'm really looking forward to the hunt, but not looking forward to hunting alone! Not because I'm scared. I just like sharing the hunt with people. I always have more fun when someone else is there to share the adventure!

Adam

More than welcome to contact me this weekend bud. I'll be out mornings with a buddy trying to fill his tag that ends on the 8th... It's real windy down here today and might rain tonight.

I have the on-post hunt for the same dates as your hunt so if you need anything during the hunt let me know, not far away.

These southern units have some awesome country and great bucks! As far as safety, you'll be fine. Drug mules and Undocumented Migrants want nothing to do with hunters.

Really how do you know this?