capoeirajosh

Rutting

/>

/> Glassed this 4x3 with 8 does two days ago. Was cool seeing him push them around.

What unit, if you don't mind me asking?
one in the desert.

I was guessing that. : P

Been out the past 3 days. Finally, today I found some bucks. 3 of them. I tried to stalk in on two of them. Got busted. I have never stalked in on deer before. Any rules I should stick to? Should you always wait until they bed down or do you stalk in on them just when you see them? Also, is hunting from a blind effective for desert mulies during the rut? I keep hearing that they cannot be patterned. I ask this because, I watched a buck making a scrape this evening. I was thinking about building a blind in the area in hopes that he will be there tomorrow evening checking his scrape?

Wait till they bed down and plan a stalk with the wind right and from above them if possible. Use a tree to cover you because they notice any movement. Make sure you try to hide drawing back or make sure they are not looking. Although they will sometimes just stare at you. Pay attention to where the does are so you can try to avoid getting busted.

/>

Been out the past 3 days. Finally, today I found some bucks. 3 of them. I tried to stalk in on two of them. Got busted. I have never stalked in on deer before. Any rules I should stick to? Should you always wait until they bed down or do you stalk in on them just when you see them? Also, is hunting from a blind effective for desert mulies during the rut? I keep hearing that they cannot be patterned. I ask this because, I watched a buck making a scrape this evening. I was thinking about building a blind in the area in hopes that he will be there tomorrow evening checking his scrape?

Wait till they bed down and plan a stalk with the wind right and from above them if possible. Use a tree to cover you because they notice any movement. Make sure you try to hide drawing back or make sure they are not looking. Although they will sometimes just stare at you. Pay attention to where the does are so you can try to avoid getting busted.

Thanks! I will keep that stuff in mind!

The Coues are pre-rutting. Watched a 3x3 with doe.. head down and chasing her around a little. Wasn't much effort, but they are almost there. Now that is the higher up bucks. The boys down low seem to be still in chill mode. The current front moving through could get them going. Personally, I think it's going to get hot before the end of the year.

• Like 1

Checked some of the coues scrape lines that I hunt every year yesterday, and bucks are scraping and rubbing hard in these areas. Got some cameras set up and getting ready for January. :)

Brian

• Like 3