Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

First Success

Well this was my second attempt at coyote hunting and I had some success. It was an awesome day ground was still wet from all the rain, nice and cool out in 37a. Started after I had some time free I got out around 3 and found success on the first stand! He was a little dog but the first for me and definently not the last. At about 5 I had to leave so was only able to be out for about 2 hours but met some very nice ranchers who stopped to ask me if I would come take care of the coyote problems they have been having getting their barn cats. So I will be out there tomorrow mid day hopefully some more good news to follow!

Little dog but first

Unfortunately I found this horse laying in the desert looked to be a recent death

Some helicopters flying right over me, very cool

Great view

post-11647-0-63832000-1385434217_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-01709200-1385434260_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-60910900-1385434309_thumb.jpg

post-11647-0-33712800-1385434338_thumb.jpg

Before you import the pics use your photo program to rotate them in the "edit" section. As far as the captions go;

post-5396-0-60319500-1385436246_thumb.jpg

When you are done with your narrative hit the enter button. Attach your photo. After the photo is done loading place your icon at the beginning of the line under your narrative and click the "add to post" tab. At the end of the pic [heading] place your icon and hit the enter button then type your caption under the photo heading.

not a problem, I was recently cured of "Taco Neck Syndrome" LOL

Definitely hunt over that horse...but isn't that baiting,??? just kidding,glad you got that one down..next comes denial,followed by addiction..when you hit rock bottom its when you start buying guillie suits,calls,mojo critters and headnets for your family for xmas....

nice job...

you'll find now is some of the best callin as the young pups get the boot to fin for themselves!

keep it up!

James

Go sit over that dead horse in about a week a you'll kill dogs!!! Or at least put a camera on it!!
Definitely hunt over that horse...but isn't that baiting,??? just kidding,glad you got that one down..next comes denial,followed by addiction..when you hit rock bottom its when you start buying guillie suits,calls,mojo critters and headnets for your family for xmas....

This may be a stupid question but when you say sit over the horse do you mean morning, evenings, all day? Do I do any calls or just sit? Thanks guys

I would think callin a coyote or cat off a sure meal would be hard to do so I would say sit it.

maybe if there is a vantage point to elevate and keep watch. anything is likely to come and feed on that thing. once they find it they will be back again and again til' it's gone. best bet is sit it first light for a few hours and maybe end your evening sitting it.

I would rather make stands and keep on keepin' on.

good luck!

James