Sign in to follow this  
hunter07

Any luck?

I was wondering if any one did any good this weekend. I hunted 24a and didnt have much, saw alot of deer but none with antlers. I saw one whitetail hanging on friday and my cousin and micheal oddonetto filled there mule deer tags with a nice 4x4 and 3x3. but other then that i didnt hear to much. I got some pictures of the mulies and some beautiful country we hiked but i have no idea how to post them.

Just heard from a good friend of mine today. They went 2 out of 3 this weekend. Him and his good friend both shot 3 pts. and the 3rd. guy was tagging along on his first big game hunt ever. After seeing how much work these coues can be he decided it wasn't for him. This was my friends 2nd coues deer and his friends 1st. Way to go guys! :)

Unit 33. 3 tags, 6 binos, 12 EYES, and only one shot that was a clean miss. Terry (25-06) is still up there with his brother. Says he ain't comin' home until he has his or the hunt ends. All the scouting done prior to the hunt has not helped (yet).

Bill

Hunted 24A seen a nice spike the first day decided not to take it. Second day saw a few does and a couple of forky's, I was at the bottom of canyon and finally decided to take one of the forky's around 11AM. I figured I had enough day light to pack it out. I enjoyed my hunt the weather was unbelievable and I got a great work out packing that meat out. Looking forward to next year. :)

man i'm gettting desperate. im hunting 30a and i have seen a good number of deer for this unit but every deer ive seen has bedded down before 8:00. i catch most of em on the southern slopes but before i can get close enough to em they move over to the northern sides of the hills and thats when it becomes almost impossible. I've been holding out for a good one and i have seen a some big ones but getting a shot has not worked out for me. i spotted about a 105" buck the first day from about the first day so we took off after him. on the way there i spotted an 80" buck about 500 yards away. im trying to help my friend tag his first deer but i got greedy and we continued after the big buck. i regret it but i know he'll get his chance this weekend. anyways we lost sight of both bucks and never picked em back up again. karma, i guess. good luck to everybody else.

creed

man i'm gettting desperate. im hunting 30a and i have seen a good number of deer for this unit but every deer ive seen has bedded down before 8:00. i catch most of em on the southern slopes but before i can get close enough to em they move over to the northern sides of the hills and thats when it becomes almost impossible. I've been holding out for a good one and i have seen a some big ones but getting a shot has not worked out for me. i spotted about a 105" buck the first day from about the first day so we took off after him. on the way there i spotted an 80" buck about 500 yards away. im trying to help my friend tag his first deer but i got greedy and we continued after the big buck. i regret it but i know he'll get his chance this weekend. anyways we lost sight of both bucks and never picked em back up again. karma, i guess. good luck to everybody else.

creed

If they are crossing to the northside too early for you, skip glassing the south side and set up in the morning near a saddle where you have seen them cross. Split up to cover cover more crossings.

If they are crossing to the northside too early for you, skip glassing the south side and set up in the morning near a saddle where you have seen them cross. Split up to cover cover more crossings.

Desert Bull beat me to the punch.

RR

24a was an joke I could not belive the amout of people. I glassed up my first coues sun morning after 3 days of nothing. everywhere i could glass i saw hunters ,trucks, quads it seems like there was a road on every ridge. I could not find a place where it would do any good to hike because of all the roads.

we did see some spikes and small forks then late sun afternoon with about 10 minutes left of light i glassed up a 3x3 with no light left in the day to do anything.

24a was an joke I could not belive the amout of people. I glassed up my first coues sun morning after 3 days of nothing. everywhere i could glass i saw hunters ,trucks, quads it seems like there was a road on every ridge. I could not find a place where it would do any good to hike because of all the roads.

we did see some spikes and small forks then late sun afternoon with about 10 minutes left of light i glassed up a 3x3 with no light left in the day to do anything.

Aren't you glad they took all those December tags and moved them to October/November?

Aren't you glad they took all those December tags and moved them to October/November?

thats are azgfd It could have been a good idea but they ruin the whole deal. Now its impossible to draw the dec and way to many tags in nov we lose both ways. they had to take it to extremes. give a little here and take a little there.

Man you are not kidding, we were in the unit to do some quail hunting, and I could not believe the people camped and parked on the sides of the highway. It was ridiculous. Quail chasing was the worst I have seen in 10 years or more. People on quads,trucks,walking, camping, my God they were everywhere. Kinda discouraging. I was telling my 12 year old son who was with me that there used to be game all over the unit, we could see deer and quail all over and NO people. Now its people and NO game. Thanks game and fish and everyone else who glamorizes hunting into a billion dollar industry....they have in ruined for most of us who have hunted for a long time...Its sure not like it used to be....

Ron

Shot a Javelina in 30B on Saturday 11/11, saw two good bucks in the thick stuff, but they saw me first. I will be going back next weekend to try and find them again.

Went to 33 to hunt Friday thru Monday. My uncle, brother and myself. Only my brother had a tag. Saw lots of deer. My brother tagged out on Saturday morning nice little 3x3 plus one eye guard. The other eye guard had broken off earlier.