it is becoming very alarming to me to see the bigger packs of lions out on the run. I have noticed more and more of the packs being spotted and seen hunting together like African lions. I have been told by a few Ranchers that they are notecing this as well. They are seeming to take more and bigger cattle than in the past as they can do more damage as a pack than the lone lions we used to see. I understand the yearling Cats with the moms but this is more and more adult lions staying together and hunting together. The ranch we have hunted for our lifetime is prime example of this. The Rancher told us the only way he is letting people hunt his Ranch is to see a Lion tag along with the Deer or Pig tag.

We should really make a stand against these lions! When scouting I saw a large hereford cow with massive claw marks on her hind quarter......I'm sure it was a lion and not a barbed wire fence. :(

We saw 4 lions all running together and based on their size it was probably more than a mother with 3 cubs.....if so those cubs were huge and I've seen yearling cubs! For those of us the trust others to go into our hot spots and honey holes we should dedicate a weekend to go out together with varmint calls, dogs or whatever means and put down some of these animals. :blink:

To me this is the sort of thing that happens with mismanagement of natural resources. When we had more cattle in on the land the ranchers made a concious effort to kill these things. Now it's tuff for them to have any reason.

We should set aside 3 weekends out of the year as a "coues" community to go help out the deer we love so much and give them more of a chance! :D

I didn't see any lions but I did see about 15 coyotes during 4 days of hunting. The fawn crop looks like it was great this year, almost half of the deer that I saw this trip were fawns. I am wanting to take a trip down to where I deer hunted and see if I can't take of few of these coyotes out.....or better yet a lion, and help the fawn survival rate a little bit.

My cousin works out at pinky's 5/ ranch which is now m-k ranch , and he said theres been a big lion out there bringing down there cattle. Im not sure if they have found it yet? But about a month ago we went out scouting with him when a lion ran across the trail. We only had one dog with us and he took chase but lost him after a couple hundred yards. The lion just kept running and never treed. So we went back to the ranch and called up a freind to bring more hounds and grabbed a couple from the ranch and got on the trail. followed it for a long time but they ended up treeing a bobcat and lost the lion. If you havent been on a hunt with hounds its definately something you should try, but be prepared to do some running up and down hills.

I hear Sands Ranch is offering bounties on Lions! The cats have taken down several cattle and a Colt!

I hear Sands Ranch is offering bounties on Lions! The cats have taken down several cattle and a Colt!

My brother was hunting down near Benson in Oct. My son and I were on a hill glassing east and my dad and brother were walking from the east towards us. I spotted hunters below me at 7am and watched them walk in a circle. We didnt see deer all morning and when the hunters made thier circle at 11am I stood up to strech and saw 4 deer running towards the hunters. I couldnt figure out why they were running towards the hunters. The deer realized the hunters were there and headed south towards us. I lost them in a ravine. I told my son that we were going to head back towards our truck to see if we can find the deer. We walked about 20 feet and my son said " Dad, there is a deer" I took a step back and saw a mountain lion 75 yards away! He took off and 5 min later I saw the hunters to my west take two shots, then they disappeared and I heard one more shot. My son and I meet up with the hunters about 20 min later on the road to our truck and they told me they had shot the mountain lion. They told me they didnt want it but told me where it was at. They also told me that there was 4 mountain lions above me that morning when I first saw them. I found the mountian lion, my dad went back into town to get a tag, because we figured we could keep it like any downed animal but we were wrong. I told game and Fish what happened and they told me I couldnt keep it.

you cant legally keep it, but those other hunters cant shoot it and just leave it lay. if it was me who saw them, i would have asked for names and a license plate if possible. that is illegal and that crap ticks me off. show some respect and compassion for the animal.

My brother was hunting down near Benson in Oct. My son and I were on a hill glassing east and my dad and brother were walking from the east towards us. I spotted hunters below me at 7am and watched them walk in a circle. We didnt see deer all morning and when the hunters made thier circle at 11am I stood up to strech and saw 4 deer running towards the hunters. I couldnt figure out why they were running towards the hunters. The deer realized the hunters were there and headed south towards us. I lost them in a ravine. I told my son that we were going to head back towards our truck to see if we can find the deer. We walked about 20 feet and my son said " Dad, there is a deer" I took a step back and saw a mountain lion 75 yards away! He took off and 5 min later I saw the hunters to my west take two shots, then they disappeared and I heard one more shot. My son and I meet up with the hunters about 20 min later on the road to our truck and they told me they had shot the mountain lion. They told me they didnt want it but told me where it was at. They also told me that there was 4 mountain lions above me that morning when I first saw them. I found the mountian lion, my dad went back into town to get a tag, because we figured we could keep it like any downed animal but we were wrong. I told game and Fish what happened and they told me I couldnt keep it.

.............yeah, that's called poaching- on their part!

That stuff ticks me off as well. The only reason they did not want it was they probably did not have a tag for it. And they know you saw them shoot it. so they thought you would be just fine taking the lion home. now it will end up in the office of some game and fish worker or sold in the rafle at the end of the year.

I bet they would have gave you there names and gladly gave you the plate number to there brand new ford powerstroke so the game and fish could come take it from them. ;)

it is becoming very alarming to me to see the bigger packs of lions out on the run. I have noticed more and more of the packs being spotted and seen hunting together like African lions. I have been told by a few Ranchers that they are notecing this as well. They are seeming to take more and bigger cattle than in the past as they can do more damage as a pack than the lone lions we used to see. I understand the yearling Cats with the moms but this is more and more adult lions staying together and hunting together. The ranch we have hunted for our lifetime is prime example of this. The Rancher told us the only way he is letting people hunt his Ranch is to see a Lion tag along with the Deer or Pig tag.

I'm game for a varmit hunt. Maybe we could get it organized like a "big pig" contest. Give a prize to who ever shoots the biggest coyote.

I am getting close to building an AR-15 just for Coyotes, perhaps that's what you need Casey :D

I'm gonna try out my new Benelli this weekend, got some 3 1/2" 00 buck loads for it, I am really anxious to torch a yote at 30 or 40 yards with that load!

Sounds like alot of fun...Were do you all go for yotes?