Sign in to follow this  
flcoues

Legal/Useful Scent

Plan to possibly mix in the use of scents on upcoming January trip. I've read and been told that urine-based scents are not legal in AZ. I've used the Wildlife Research Golden Estrus Trophy Leaf product here in FL with mixed success. Not sure if they are legal there or not. Also looking at maybe the Code Blue synthetic scents. Thoughts or experience on using either? Legality of Trophy Leaf?

Thanks for input!

Don

You can NOT use any scents that contain natural cervine urine. From that rule they don't mention Synthetic scents.

I called azgfd and they said synthetics are okay to use. As mentioned above any natural cervid urine is prohibited

Thanks to all for the input. I guess I need to check with the company to see if the Trophy Leaf uses urine. can't find anything on their website or anywhere else that says for sure.

PRDATR: I use the earth scent wafers here too. They seem to work well.

• Like 1

I like trails end!!

That's now illegal as it contains doe urine. Too bad to because I've read good things about it.

I like trails end!!

That's now illegal as it contains doe urine. Too bad to because I've read good things about it.

That sucks because I've been carrying this stinky stuff around in my hunt gear for a few years now......

I apply it like old spice...

The bottle says "apply to body"

Ok, maybe it says "do not" in there somewhere also......

Btw, I'm just having fun guys, so no hatin.

I use fresh droppings as I come across them. I don't know if Coues are that crazy about Midwestern does... They prefer the local girls.

• Like 1

James,

Had forgot HS made deer scent wafers too. Got a rut bow hunt coming up here this coming weekend. May get some of those and see how the deer react, if at all.

Don

James,

Had forgot HS made deer scent wafers too. Got a rut bow hunt coming up here this coming weekend. May get some of those and see how the deer react, if at all.

Don

I like to make scrapes for my cams... don't really hunt over em.

as far as the wafers I remember the guy gettn whipped... had some elk fire on or somethin I'll pass on wearing any sexy deer scents... my friends would most certainly youtube that for sure! LOL!

James

James,

Don

are the wafers real urine?