couescrazy31

Advise on calls?

yes.

I have and use a FoxPro but when it comes to hand calls or mouth caLl I have a carvers calls rasbie rabbit that works just as good the only problems I run into is when it's super windy it doesn't reach out as far as I can with the fox pro

Fox pro Lil' pig in distress. Get ready!!! It will get real exciting, real quick! 😂 (get close as you can then hit the call) might need a clean set of undee's.

Or J3 mouth call

• Like 1

they are getting more call shy around close to M units from people educating them. But they are very curious creatures and like to investigate. But yeah, just about any call will work. People are partial to the J13 because it is local.

I've always wanted to try out the J-13 call. Anyone know where I could get one around the Tucson area?

J-13 is the ticket. Ive called them may times! They have also run the other way too! Sure is fun either way!

Doesn't look like any place down in Tucson but I sure you can order from allpredators.

http://www.javelinahunter.com/j-13_retailers.htm

A lot of great info on the J-13 website

I have had a couple J-13 calls over the years and have had great results. Shot one at 3 yds archery one year. I was on one knee and shot it as it ran by toward a friend that was calling. Not a minute later I called one in for my friend and he shot one in the same spot.

Just remember if it is electronic call it is not able to be put in archery record books if you care about that at all.

• Like 1

Friend of mine today called and he and his buddy both got pigs near Kingman using a Circe jackrabbit call.

They got em out of two separate herds.

I use a J-13 that I ordered from Allpredatorcalls.com and it works great.

Two years ago I called in a herd and got my biggest boar to date with my 22-250 Savage Striker pistol. Hunting in Unit 18B.

post-11017-0-27527100-1388988922_thumb.jpg

My friend Ken Pierce got another big boar with his Striker in Unit 18B!

post-11017-0-21929400-1388989099_thumb.jpg

Got another HAM this year but I think I'm going to use the charcoal burner just to be different.

Calling pigs is fun--and very productive!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

post-11017-0-65879700-1388989000_thumb.jpg

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread but when do you decide it's time to call. Was out yesterday with my wife that has the Javelina tag and got real close to a herd, she thought she spooked them so she wanted me to call them back. That's when it got real fun, but there was brush and trees all around us so she couldn't get an open shot. We go back and forth about when we should try calling and that was the first time I've done it. Eventually they took off and we left empty handied. We've heard woofing while walking, but never seen them at times and I've always wondered if that would be a good time to try and call them in since we hear them but just don't see them. What are your guys' thoughts?

Just do a couple of "wuffs" with your mouth and they will often come back.

• Like 1

So you can use electronic calls for javelin in AZ? I know, dumb question based on what's already been said in this topic, but I had to ask just to make sure.

I used the Knight and Hale Javelina distress call this year an am satisfied with it.