Sign in to follow this  
Pine Donkey

Disappointment

I have been a ASU fan my entire life and a student. We have all hope we were finally over the hump of disappointment of losing close games and moving in from losses. It doesn't seem so now. 10 wins is still a good season but not great a great season. Hopefully Coach G can get the motivation and desire back for next season. Good job Gatos on handling BC in your game. And hold on to your top BB spot! Until next season......GO DEVILS!

• Like 1

well I see another 10 win season for the Devils next year and another 7 win season for Nogales North.

Sometimes the ASU fanbase makes it difficult, but in general I root for the Pac12 in all the non-conference matchups (even ASU). It just looks better for the conference strength. Our elite teams weren't quite as dominant this year, but in terms of depth, the Pac12 is as deep as any other conference. It says something to have 9 bowl eligible teams even though we're one of the few conferences to play 9 conference games.

I was hoping to see an Oregon - Alabama matchup instead of OU / Alabama, but the bowl thought Oklahoma traveled better even though Oregon was ranked higher. Living in Texas, it was fun to see Oregon thump the Longhorns. I really wanted to see ASU complete the Pac12s dominance over the Big12 / Texas Tech. Pac12 fared well against the ACC with UCLA over VaTech and Arizona over BC. Unfortunately, Stanford got beat at their own game w/ Mich St. Everything else was against the Mountain West / BYU.

Instead of 9-0, we ended up as 6-3.

Considering where this season started w/ Denker, he showed as much improvement as any QB. It stood to be a 'rebuilding / transition' year after having Matt Scott at the helm last year. Denker had his letdown game against ASU after a huge performance against Oregon, but rebounded with his performance in the BC win. The difference between the first 4 games and the last 4 was like night and day ... even taking the ASU debacle into account.

There were some lean years there with some ill-advised hires after the Tomey era. The cupboard was somewhat bare with Stoops departure, but I really like the direction that Rich Rod has the team going in recruiting and player development ... very promising. It's been a long journey and the Cats aren't there yet. Greg Byrne (AD) has been huge in leveling the playing field with the updated facilities. RichRod has done a lot with limited personnel and I see it getting much better. Hopefully he can find and develop the right triggerman amongst his 9 QBs (lol) for his offense next year. Even if Carey leaves, the offense will be loaded with skill players and the defense stands to get better especially with the recruiting class coming in. The development of the next starter will be the wildcard.

Still a successful season. No one said that there wouldn't be peaks and valleys. We still have some head-scratchers. Looking to complete the journey.

As a Wildcat fan, it doesnt get much better than starting the new year out with the best men's basketball team in the country...awesome to watch the journey as they head for March madness! Knowing that you are going to get every teams best shot makes each game that much better! Nice knowing that you don't have to live off of a football game that is now in the past! Go Cats!

• Like 1

Arizona just pulled a 5* recruit today in DB Jalen Tabor who chose Arizona over Alabama. Then the icing on the cake is 4* OL Jordan Poland switched his verbal commitment from USC to Arizona moments afterwards. Positive momentum.