Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Cost to change draw length?

I bought a new to me bow and I believe it needs to have a draw length change. I am totally new to archery and just bought a bow to get my feet wet in the archery world and was wondering what it may cost to get it done. I can see out the peep sight good but I believe its just a little too long. How much would it cost to get it adjusted to my draw length? Any place around Tucson you would recommend? If anybody with a bow press wants to make a little extra cash just let me know how much you would charge, thanks!?

It really depends on the bow. Some are as simple as a few extra twists of the string to as complicated as changing out cams. Best bet is to take it to a shop or post the details of exactly what you have, what year it is, how much you need the draw length dropped, etc.

It really depends on the bow and whether or not it needs to be put in a bowpress. Some bows allow you to make draw length changes by removing allen or other screws on the cams and moving the cam to the desired placement and tightening things back down. Other cams require the bow to be put in a bow press before you can move the cam module to the desired location. Other bows have individual cam modules that need to be removed and replaced with the proper module to get the correct length. It shouldn't cost more than $20 bucks or so for the shop to press the bow and move things but if you need to buy a module you might pay $30 bucks or so for the module and a some more to get it installed. This is exactly why many folks recommend going to a reputable pro shop to purchase and set up your bow correctly. It might save you a couple of bucks to get the pro shop to get you situated but you can certainly get it done!

Post up what kind of bow we're talking about and someone else might chime in with specific directions.

Good Luck!

It is a 2011 PSE Nova - 29" Draw, 70lb

I believe it might be a minor adjustment. Peep sight looks good, hand feels too far back, and kisser button/nose contact is sometimes off.

bull basin is good folks

As other have said, you are fortunate that you live pretty close to PSE headquarters. I'd give them a call.

Precision Shooting Equipment
2727 N. Fairview Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85705 US

Phone: 520-884-9065
Fax: 520-884-1479

I believe it might be a minor adjustment. Peep sight looks good, hand feels too far back, and kisser button/nose contact is sometimes off.

If you're shooting it just as it was set up for whoever you bought it from everything will likely need to be moved some. You're more than likely not going to need the peep sight or kisser button in the same spot as them. Like everyone else said the best bet it to take it to a shop and have them set it up for YOU and they can measure your draw length as well. If you want to measure your own for now, spread both your arms as far as you can and have someone measure from finger tip to finger tip across your chest. Divide that by 2.5 and that's your draw length.

Thanks to everybody for their input! I didn't even think about taking it to PSE. I'm going to give them a call. Thanks again!