Sign in to follow this  
nlacost

Curtis Cauthen Memorial Shoot

Just a couple pics to show some fun we had for a great cause...the Loc-Jaw system worked flawless!! We took sixth out of 115 teams....cant wait for the next contest...

post-3204-0-98689600-1391113312.jpg

post-3204-0-73981800-1391113328_thumb.jpg

post-3204-0-16594800-1391113366_thumb.jpg

Not sure the final tally,but roughly 90-110 predators total with the pic at the check in station...that's not including the teams that didn't check in...so that's a lot of teams helping out the deer,antelope,elk and everything else...saw some fox brought in...not sure if anyone brought in any bobcats...the bottom pic was early on at the check in...

I belong to Phoenix Varmint Callers....I haven't heard about this hunt for some reason. Would you reiterate the details about it please?

Couestracker- I would suggest googling it...This was my first contest ever,but had a blast and it was based out of Ash Fork...They donate all the proceeds......

Tommy Cauthen and his family lost Curtis in a work related accident a few years back.

Curtis was a heck of a hunter as is Tommy and his dad. Those guys can find the big bucks, bulls, coyotes....you name it they do their homework and get it done. Great family.

Since the passing of Curtis they have put this hunt together to raise money for individuals less fortunate in honor of Curtis.

One year it was for a family who lost their father/husband in the line of duty, he was a police officer down in the valley.

Each year for somebody in need.

They do a great job with prizes and food there at the Cauthen place in Ash Fork, great people and a great memorial to Curtis.

NTS, Thanks for the information on this. I will look into it further and plan on helping to get the word out through PVCI and the other Valley varmint hunting clubs for next year.

Hey guys!

I'm looking for info on this.

Could someone, if anyone knows, please contact me with the info on who to contact about this hunt?

Thank you. :)

Lance

/>Tommy Cauthen 928-607-0188 he lives there just north of Ash Fork.

I picked up a train this morning and saw a ton of coyotes today just south of Ashfork early this morning, 9 or so. Crazy stuff.