Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Who's going out on the rifle hunt?

Erika glassed up pigs at 7:15 and this was the result. We're going to spend the rest of the weekend trying out the new foxpro shockwave that wifey got me for my Bday!

Good luck everyone

My son Dillon and my buddy Nelson's wife Erika

post-754-0-55218100-1393043898_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Got one in 34a this morning along with a coyote to boot! l sat down at my glassing spot first thing and some coyotes howled about 400yds in front of me, l hit the j13 and they came in a bunch. Picked the biggest one out with the ar, lip squeaked and dropped it in its tracks. I got 2 more shots off at a runner but by that time it was packing the mail. The javi l found about 2 hrs later, snuck in and knocked him over.

Headed out to 20A tomorrow with a couple buddies. I am taking my .257 Roy but fully intend to try and use my .38 Super pistol if at all possible. Maybe we will get lucky and tag out on Friday and get to sit around and drink beer on Saturday! Doubtful though. I foresee a lot of hiking some nasty scrub brush in our future.

The hiking in nasty scrub brush part came true, and a little bear drinking too. The tagging out part didn't go so well though. We saw some good clean sign but didn't see anything beside a nice Muley buck. Nobody else we talked to saw anything either. The water we scouted up 3 weeks before the season had dried up too so that probably didn't help.