Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Who's going out on the rifle hunt?

Ill be in 36A trying to get my girl to seal the deal.

HaHa, story of my life. Good Luck that is a good area, looking forward to pictures.

Wife and I both have our first ever Javelina tags and will be headed out in 37A in the morning to see if we can find them piggies! She's got her 223 and I'm taking my 7mm08 w/ Barnes 120 gr TTSX and my 9mm.

19a for me. Been scouting the area for almost two months and then everything changed about two weeks ago. I think the dry conditions are making them move. I found an area today with plenty of fresh sign so I'll be on point at sun up.

I'm using my Marlin 444 with a 187gr Chino Valley bullet doing about 2000fps on the dot. The "javelina" round is loaded down using the 187gr CV making a load for the 444 ballistically similar to a 30-30. It stays flat to 100 yards which is plenty for the purpose. The only weakness is wind. A low ballistic co-efficient and low velocity makes it a sail. With crosswinds above 10mph, I'll want to keep the distance to under 80 yards. I hope I get to report some terminal ballistics.

• Like 1

Well it's 5am and I'm ready to go find some pigs without a hunter or tag. My wife informed me last night she has some health issues, nothing serious we're hoping, but needs to get in to see the doctor today. I'll be in 22 with the hopes of finding some pigs, tying them up, and letting her shoot one on Saturday.

Good luck to all you pig hunters.

TJ

Taking cover in unit 22 and 23 I don't think you can get one more hunter along hwy 188 between jakes corner and pumpkin center. Took my daughter school this morning guys parked bumper to bumper keep your heads down and don,t shoot my house

Haha my cousin was parked on that stretch of 188 this morning and had one down by 9:00. I will be heading down there tomorrow but I am headed fishing at Rosie.

I got one in 6A today. Taking my wife tomorrow, hopefully we can get her one.