Sign in to follow this  
5nRamirez

Opining day double

Well it never goes as planned but today I am happy it worked out that way. I have always set up camp at least one day till opener so I was pretty bummed I had to make a late start and leave opining morning 5 am. Truck fully loaded with my 4 year old son and his mother with enough gear to stay the weekend.we pulled up to "camp" at daybreak grabbed our packs and shot up the mountain to a spot I see pigs consistintly. After countless deer sightings and all our snacks being diminished in record time I threw out the idea to go set up camp and get some rest for the evening. At that very moment my significant other pointed out a herd of 15+ pigs in a arroyo adjacent to us had to get my little one sittuated then got her lined up with the 243. and 1 shot was all it took.But instead of the usuall stampede when you shoot up a heard they all just stood around at 150 yards like nothing happend giving me 3 opportunitys with the .44 mag dropping it cold in his tracks. So needless to say I never unloaded my truck and am already sitting at home cutting backstraps. Although it was one of my shortest hunts of all time I was happy to share the experience with my son and his mother.

post-11517-0-61600300-1393035552_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-64524200-1393035876_thumb.jpg

post-11517-0-42735300-1393035974_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That's way cool man! It doesn't get any better than that. Great pictures, nice family you have there. Congratulations to you both.

Great job on the hunt! Also good job on the UFO in the upper left corner of pic 2.

Excellent!! Congratulations to you both!! What a hunt!!