TAM

Arizona looses court case!

is there a way to email the g&f or the comission? there is something i'm interested in seeing. if the drawing has been completed, and i'm pretty confidant it has, i would like to see a list of the residents who were drawn and then lost their permits and a list of the nonresidents who got them. does this sound unreasonable?

I agree

Wherever USO Outfitter go, we should go!! RUIN all of his OUT OF STATE hunts! Chase him out of ARIZONA! *y&&^%$

In all seriousness,this really has me stirred up,I am tired of being run over by out of state guides with big money lawyers,there has to be a way to find out who was drawn,could be alot of guys interested in taking on an unfair reversal.Steve

Here is the e-mail address for us outfitters. "info@huntuso.com". Thought maybe they would like to hear what the residents of AZ are thinking right now.

Terry

Guest Lark Hubbard

i've had a few dealing with tallman and his boys. none of them positive. the guy is just not a decent person. the thing that bugs me more than anything, is that he doesn't even try to give his clients their money's worth. sure, the rich guys with hunting shows. he treats them ok and gets them in on the game. but the joe blow mill worker from bohunk, pa. can forget having a good camp, a good guide, a good place to hunt, good food, etc. a friend of mine guided for uso one season. it was in a camp that was going to have a bunch of hunters who had bought some of the cheap hunts they offered. he said tallman got them all together and told them straight out, don't wast a bunch of time and effort on these guys because they are just the $2000 hunters and none of them will ever be back anyway. imagine being some poor joker who saved up for the hunt of a lifetime, finally got a tag and then ended up in a sitatuation like that. go down on the blue during the late bull hunt and watch the uso jerks trying to herd 3 or 4 hunters each up those steep canyons to a bunch of raghorns. can't imagine what the hunters think. well actually i can, because i've talked to a few of em. poor sobs. oh well, heck with em all. nonresidents are the enemy now. and tallman did it. well, him and griz, his toady.

Thank you Terry. I think all of us should get together and send them emails every single day. hehe

I am from out of state and it pisses me off. May the greed of the SOB cause all kinds of bad kharma, voo doo, caa caa, bad mojo and other things to him.

Even though I am not from AZ, I love the place. People who live there should have first shot at it.

I'm fired up.....when's the draw?.................

Guest JSR

I say the G&F appeal the order and the draw goes on as planned. Or, just down right ignore the order (like the Mayor of SF did regarding the queer marriages) and pay the insueing fine.

about time to start bombarding uso and game and fish with our thoughts on the matter,we cant just lay down it it will never end,anyway to organize and fight this.Steve

Just wanted to let you guys know.. I talked to a game and fish person today and they said that this should not affect this years draw. It will not start untill next year when we put in. So good news hopefully all of you will draw a tag this year. Good Luck.

"Because the cap plays a role in the drawing system used to determine which hunters will receive a permit to hunt bull elk and antlered deer north of the Colorado River, the judge's ruling forces the Game and Fish Commission to find a method to distribute this year's fall hunt permits in a way that won't discriminate against out-of-state hunters."

It will effect this years draw.

I really hope it doesn't affect this years draw, and if I was azgfd I would notify all hunters if they were drawn or not. That would further complicate matters on this judges part, it looks like somebody did something to change this judges mind, he threw out the case before and it was taken to the 9th circuit court where they sent it back down to him. I would think if I had made my decision and somebody else sent it back top me they were agreeing with me and just didn't want to say it.

http://static.espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting...15/1493276.html

There is the article where he threw it out the first time.

I would like to know if I was drawn or not and what percentage of us lost our tags because of this also.

First off reading the G & F website this definitely will affect this year's draw. The Court has ordered G & F to "distribute this year's fall hunt permits in a way that won't discriminate against out-of-state hunters". This means that G & F has to run the draws this year without the 10% caps.

Secondly, we all should try to maintain a little. I hate this as much as anybody on this site. Heck I am actually a native of this state! But before we start harassing folks or causing damage we should see what G & F will do when they hear from us.

Besides half of the guys I hunt with are working-class guys who drive hear to hunt unguided and they won't benefit from this one bit. If the non-resident fees go up too high they may not be able to hunt hear.

As a matter of fact, I am sure we have some members on this site who are out-of-staters too!

I believe USO has done Az hunters a real injustice, but I also think a lot of folks in a lot of states are interested in finding a solution other than eliminating caps. I don't think we have seen the end of this fight by far!

p.s. Don't be too quick to judge people by where they are from. Three of the guys I hunt with are from California and they are some of the best hunters I have ever known.

if you were already drawn before this decision came down,even if the results hadnt been released ,isnt that unlawful in its own right to reverse a vaild draw ?.Steve