TAM

Arizona looses court case!

couesdiehard,I agree with your thoughts on out of state hunters,i apply in other states and live with what rules they use,other states have caps on out of state tags,just goes with the territory.Lots of good folks hunt here from other places and abide by Az regulations,thats why its a shame,this blight is going to give all out of state tag holders a bad name.direct your anger where its should be,only on those sekking this ruling.Steve

Hey Lark

I just wanted you to know that I am a California resident and I have been hunting Arizona for about twenty three years now. I have never had a problem with the 10% non resident cap. In my humble opinion , there was nothing wrong with the old system and it did not need fixing! I never have been on a guided hunt in Arizona but it sounds like you are a guide and that you work hard for your clients. I don`t quite understand why you would be mad at all nonresidents? It seams to me that guides in Arizona would get more clients from out of state hunters than residents that know the area? I recently recomended a guide from Arizona for a friend of mine that drew a bull elk tag two years ago. My freind was very pleased with this guide and the hunt went well. Am I missing something here? Am I out of line? Maybe you could e -mail me or something and explain it in more detail. Anyway I hope you have good luck in this years draw!Coues Addict

JSR,

I just e-mailed him and was coming here to give out his address.

Thanks for posting it, maybe he can shed some light on this.

Guest Guest_ARIZONA GUIDE

I don't know why I can not get logged in on here any more. Maybe amanda knew how mad I would get and the things I would say. Anyway I will hold back and just say I agree with all that lark hubard has said. As well I agree with most of what has been said by all of us.

We will all fill the pain here and it is wrong. The only guy that will profit from this will be The jack butt that started it all. If you ask me the BOY COTT should be on. It will be interesting to see there booth at the sportsman show this year in Arizona.

They will most likly have to have security take more than one Arizona hunter out. now I am not calling for a riot at the show , But I am sure he will get the point by the end of those three days.

My last word on this is they are not the outfitters they crack themselfs up to be. They may have been at one time but they have gone way down hill.

I hope that guys like kirk kelso and the McClendons And Ty Goodman And all our good home state boy's get the work over the uso guy's anyway. None of us Arizona guides want it this way you can be sure of that.

Jade Goodman.

I don't think anyone here ismad at non-residents. It's the fact that once again, the mighty dollar has overruled common sense.

I say we go ahead and stop the cap, then raise the fees. But not on non-resident hunters. Instead, raise ol' George's non-resident guide license to $100,000.

Amen Jade,nothing wrong with all the giudes I know,most love the outdoors and is a great way to be where you want to be and feed your family at the same time.have always had good luck with any guides I ve met.will have to say boycotting Uso at All sows we attend is a good idea,how can one guy ruin the fall hunt for all.hope he sleeps well tonite.Steve

I have had my share of quality permits in my life, and so have other members of my family, but when I explained this situation to my nephew, who is a fairly new hunter and never had a quality permit in his life, his response is troubling to me.

His response to this situation was that if our odds of getting drawn, which were already bad, are now going to be slim to none then why should he even apply to begin with. It really concerns me that something like this is going deter young people from enjoying a wonderful sport. Sad sad day. Wish I could make it to the meeting tomorrow but I can't, so good luck to all those who do go. Be safe.

Brian

...one nation under god*, with peace, liberty, and justice** for all. * sorry, Judge say's can't use that word. **for all! Thats vague. Unless you have lots of money.

They updated the azgfd web site again, with some answers to the questions, well they actually just said that most of our questions would be answered tomorrow.

Good Luck and GOD BLESS.

At one time, lloooooonnnnggg time ago, George was a pharmeucist in Flagstaff who enjoyed hunting. He moved to Albequerque, thought of a way to make money off of hunting, and sold his soul to the devil. While the road to heck may be paved with good intentions, his paving stones have no goodness in them. I personally hope he has sealed his doom, since what he has done to hunting has not been in its best interests, only his and his bank account. Arizona is not his only target state, as Kansas is dealing with him also.

I think that we also need to express our displeasure with companies like Primos and the Outdoor Channel, who support his "dis"service.

Doug/RedRabbit

Guest Guest

It's obvious that everyone is more than a little peeved about the whole thing, myself included. Let's direct the anger in the right direction. Most out-of state hunters are just like you and me, save a little and try to have a memorable hunt. Our energies need to turn to making a system that is fair to us as well as our brethren from other places. Guys like USO(Lawrence Montoya) will be around forever. All they care about is lining their own pockets at the expense of others. I don't have an answer for the situation, I thought the one we had was good, but the Judge figured it violated the Commerce Laws of the U.S. Knowing a little about the law, this was just a convenient law that was exploited by Montoya and his gang of hired thugs. I seem to remember reading about this same problem with other states recently- will try to research it and let you all know if your interested. Karma, fate destiny call it what you want, but I am a full believer in it and guys like Montoya will get their just desserts. Its up to us to take and maintain the high road, otherwise we become him and thats a dang ugly sight. Just my thoughts.

Trufletch

My bank account is full of hunting money. $22.50 for tag $50 for food, $75 for gas, $300 for wife's Laughlin trip.

I hope next year I don't have to save for an attorney to read over the regs.

Guest Guest

IF YOU CAN GO PLEASE GO!

NOON FRIDAY JULY 16 2004

1826 W. MC DOWELL RD AT THE WILDLIFE BUILDING

ENTER THROUGH GATE AT 19TH AVENUE AND ENCANTO

SPECIAL TELEPHONE MEETING JULY 16 AND THE AZGFD WILL DECIDE HOW TO PROCEED WITH THE DRAW. THE DEPARTMENT WILL POST THE COMMISSION'S DECISION ON IT'S WEB SITE. WWW.AZGFD.COM

ARIZONA GAME AND FISH DEPARTMENT PLANS TO DISCUSS THE LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF THE RULING AND HOW THE DEPARTMENT SHOULD RESPOND AT ITS AUGUST 13 MEETING AT NORTHERN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IN FLAGSTAFF. I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY BROUGHT IT UP JUST BEFORE THE RESULTS WERE OUT. THEY COULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL AUGUST 13 TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC.

THE COMMISSION HAS ORDERED THAT PERMIT TAGS BE IN MAIL BY JULY 23. THE ONLY WAY THAT COULD CHANGE IS IF THE COMMISSION VOTES TO CHANGE THE DATE.

Greetings,

I have thought about the ruling a lot since my lost post, I wish I could attend the meeting tomorrow but I cannot.

If it is apparent that the ruling will stand and will affect this years draw results, please somebody attending suggest the following (if you agree).

1. Raise the amount non-residents pay for a tags substantially.

2. Require all applications to be paid for up-front when applying

3. Raise all guide fees for non-resident guides substantially.

4. Do not let them postpone the releasing of the draw results.

Redman