Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Gun Safe ?'s

For the price and quality liberty beats all by far IMO

both mine are liberty made, both are 800 empty and lag bolted. both have motion sensors and recorded video on them. both have dogs sleeping next to them almost always, only 1 thing i need now is an outbuilding for powder, dont like having it in the house and found out recently that keeping it in the safe is bad idea so moved it to a wooden trunk in the closet. i have backed up video of all my belongings and their serial numbers where aplicable. ins company will hate me if anything happens. lol

Guest akaspecials

I think you need to determine what kind of threat you are staving off. If you are gone for long periods of time and have a lot of valuables, you need to look at a high quality Fort Knox or Liberty with extra steel plates. (I found I could get a higher quality Fort Knox than Liberty at the same price point). If you are detering smash and grab thieves and kids, you can get away with a cheaper and thinner safes. In my opinion, anything less than 12 gauge is a waste of money. Anyone with some common sense and an axe can get in to one of those in short order...

Determine what you're protecting and then determine the safe from there.

I just found this website, very handy.

http://gun-safes.findthebest.com/

IA Born - Have you dealt with Cannon's warranty dept. or customer service? I have seen some reviews that were less than favorable but would like feedback from someone credible.

I have not had to deal with Cannon's warranty department, for which I'm very thankful. Not because their warranty department is bad, but because I've had no issues (knock on wood). Back when I bought it, Cannon was relatively unheard of, but the reviews were all good. Its entirely possible that things have changed since then.

I have the big yukon gold. Great safe. Will not hold as many guns as it claims tho

Well after doing m homework I really struggled with whether to buy Chinese or USA. Most of American safes were double the $ but I just couldn't pull the trigger on something imported. Today I was able to find a Liberty 23 with a scratch that was $250 more than the bighorn I was looking at. For $250 more I feel like I got a better quality safe and kept my money stateside.

• Like 2