Sneaker

Cabelas Card just Canceled - Fraud

/>Not trying to offend anyone here but I was brought up on the mindset, if you don't have it don't spend it. I'm lower middle class but I'm building my house cash, my trucks are paid for with cash, my groceries and "fun spending" are cash, and most importantly my hunting licenses and tags are CASH! I do have a credit card incase I need it and use it for gas twice a month just to keep it active. I may be alone but I feel we need to get back to our roots and use what we have at the time. I'm sorry your card was canceled because of theft, I don't for any reason feel its your fault, but when it comes to important things, cash is king!

Sounds like you've listened to Dave Ramsey a time or two.

/>

/>Not trying to offend anyone here but I was brought up on the mindset, if you don't have it don't spend it. I'm lower middle class but I'm building my house cash, my trucks are paid for with cash, my groceries and "fun spending" are cash, and most importantly my hunting licenses and tags are CASH! I do have a credit card incase I need it and use it for gas twice a month just to keep it active. I may be alone but I feel we need to get back to our roots and use what we have at the time. I'm sorry your card was canceled because of theft, I don't for any reason feel its your fault, but when it comes to important things, cash is king!

Sounds like you've listened to Dave Ramsey a time or two.

never heard of him til I looked him up today. Sounds like a smart guy lol

Not trying to offend anyone here but I was brought up on the mindset, if you don't have it don't spend it. I'm lower middle class but I'm building my house cash, my trucks are paid for with cash, my groceries and "fun spending" are cash, and most importantly my hunting licenses and tags are CASH! I do have a credit card incase I need it and use it for gas twice a month just to keep it active. I may be alone but I feel we need to get back to our roots and use what we have at the time. I'm sorry your card was canceled because of theft, I don't for any reason feel its your fault, but when it comes to important things, cash is king!

Not offending me at all. I put as much on the card as I can, pay it off every month, and use the points to buy stuff at Cabela's. Haven't paid a cent in interest yet.

Either I shop at sketchy places or all the CC companies are swapping out all their cards. Two weeks ago it was B or A, this week, US Bank (Sportsmans Warehouse). Guess I'll have a whole new bunch before summer...

As for the draws, I've always used paper apps with checks. Only had 1 rejected in 40 years and it wasn't for money issues.

Not trying to offend anyone here but I was brought up on the mindset, if you don't have it don't spend it. I'm lower middle class but I'm building my house cash, my trucks are paid for with cash, my groceries and "fun spending" are cash, and most importantly my hunting licenses and tags are CASH! I do have a credit card incase I need it and use it for gas twice a month just to keep it active. I may be alone but I feel we need to get back to our roots and use what we have at the time. I'm sorry your card was canceled because of theft, I don't for any reason feel its your fault, but when it comes to important things, cash is king!

This post I'm quoting is kind of a funny post. This is the old mindset of "credit cards are evil", which IS the case if they are not used correctly. The reasons I use them are as follows:

A. If you have an average balance of between 10-30% on your card, your credit score goes up. If you don't have any cards or only have a very minimal balance, your credit score actually suffers.

B. The more access to credit you have, the higher your credit score.

C. Consumer best practices. If someone steals your card or makes false charges, credit cards have the best methods and laws to help the consumer refund those(debit cards, checks and obviously cash don't provide you with such easy ways)

D. I earn between 1% and 2% on every purchase. Can I pay for everything in cash? YES. Do I have many times more in my checking and savings accounts than what my credit card possible max even is? YES. All you have to do is pay off your Credit Card every month and you never have fees, interest, etc. If you fully understand credit cards and use them wisely, it really ends up being thought of and affects you the same as cash transactions, except you are earning interest on your purchases.

• Like 5

Even though the correction period is past and the draw is now occurring, won't game and fish attempt to contact you if your payment is rejected? Something about three phone calls in a 24 hour period, so you can use an alternate card for payment for your tag?