Sign in to follow this  
kidso

real field tip to broadhead shooting alignment

I shoot a 2013 le Destroyer 350 set at 60# and a draw length of 29 inches. I shoot Easton Axis ST 400 arrows that are 28.5 inches in length with 100 grain tips. I just left the range today and sighted in my HHA single pin slider sight, and my field tips grouped exactly with 100 grain Wac Em broadheads from 20 to 70 yards. Absolutely no adjustments. I wanted to check 80 and 90 yards, but ran out of time.

So my question, has anyone experienced similar results with any other fixed broadhead? I am asking because the Wac Ems are barely over 1 inch cutting diameter, and i am hoping for an inch and a quarter diameter for bear and elk.

I am thinking about trying the QAD Exodus full broadhead, as it is 1.25 inches in diameter. But, i am still shocked that i had a perfect broadhead to field tip match up to 70 yards with a fixed blade. I thought that was not possible!

Your bow is tuned which is a good thing...My FP' and BH are the same and as long as you shoot the same grain FP and BH you should be ok...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!

Agreed. But the Wac Ems are only 1 and 1/32 inch diameter and I was hoping for something a bit larger in size that was also that accurate with my bow/arrow set up. I just may stick with the Wac Ems if they continue to show good agreement with my field tips at 80 and 90 yards.

Really think that 7/32" makes a huge difference over pinpoint accuracy.... I think not!

BTW, Wac em' XL's shot perfect from my Mathews when I had it too.

The first carbon arrow I went to after using the standard aluminum shafts for 20 years was the Axis ST. I liked the feel of their narrower diameter and that is the only carbon arrow I have ever used until I tried the Carbon Express Maxima Reds a week or two ago. Their wider diameter felt awkward to me because I am so used to the narrower Axis shafts. I agree that either shaft size can deliver great groups. In the end, however, they didn't fly was well as the Axis did for my set up, so I am selling them off.

How far out did your Wac Ems fly true to your field points?

I've had great flight from thunderheads, wac'ems, montecs, slick tricks and slick trick mags at distance.

• Like 1

I shoot gravediggers and see absolutely no difference between them and my field points. Haven't gotten to shoot them at a critter yet, but hopefully that will change this year. Best of both worlds with those. Part fixed blade and part mechanical. Massive blood trails from what I have seen and heard.

Wac ems are Fantastic, do not let the small cutting diameter fool you.

I received a few communications regarding people who have used the 100 grain Wac ems on elk with no problem. I admit, i was fooled by their small appearance, especially after just switching out from my G5 Stinger Magnums with their 1.5 inch cutting diameter! But, i think i will try them if the QAD Exodus does not match their performance. Can't wait until Saturday to try the Wac ems at 80 and 90 yards!

post-1816-0-03671500-1379612722_thumb.jpg
post-1816-0-01351700-1348242437_thumb.jpg
post-1816-0-20897400-1344970435_thumb.jpg
All with a 125 grain Wac'em Exit: COMBINED Distance traveled after hit less than 200 yards.
I've had great luck with them. They are sharp and consistent.

• Like 1

If you dont like the small cut of the tritons then try the Wac'em Exits as stated above. Small broadhead but devastating, look at my avatar. He only went 5 yards after the shot double lungs with a regular triton.

If you dont like the small cut of the tritons then try the Wac'em Exits as stated above. Small broadhead but devastating, look at my avatar. He only went 5 yards after the shot double lungs with a regular triton.

That is a great testimony for the 100 grain Tritons. Not that you had much of a trail to follow, do you typically get "decent" bloodtrails with the Tritons?

100 gr tritons can leave great blood trails. As with anything, it all depends on where the animal was hit. I shoot them for their field point accuracy. They fly great, and do not deviate even on bad shooting form. Shoot different heads and purposely have bad form, you will see point of impact change significantly. Bad form can and does happen often when hunting. As stated countless times, any head will do the trick, if hit in the lungs, Wac em's help me ensure I do my part.