Sign in to follow this  
nlacost

The new"Ringer" release

Just got my hands on the new Ringer release from no limit archery(the gravedigger) and its awesome...!! It is a wrist strap and 3 finger in one..it uses the ring finger Hence the name and acts as a back tension but with a trigger!! Getting stupid accurate groups and is geared toward both hunting and competition...if you guys and gals get a chance try one out,I think you will agree its awesome....Nate

post-3204-0-90747000-1395935279.png

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me try out the Ringer, ill be picking one up in the very near future. All you archery guys should go an try it out, its totally different from what I've used in the past but it just plain works!

ps. My gf isn't happy with Ross Outdoors right now, lol.

Ross Outdoors has these?

/>Ross Outdoors has these?

Ya, they have them in stock. Dave let me try his out the other day and I was pretty impressed with it.

I'll probably be in the store sometime over the next 2 days and will take a look. Love my Carter Quickie but have been thinking about getting away from the index finger trigger, or at least trying something else. Thanks.

I have never shot this type of release or any of the back tension releases for that matter. I hear a lot of positives about them though. I have a couple of questions about the ringer just by looking at it from the picture by the OP.

Are you compressing the button with the ring finger while drawing and then letting up on the pressure of the ring finger to release? If I’m not aided by my wrist to pull back 65 to 70 pounds then I’m going to want all my fingers to do it. This devise appears that you either could not use your ring finger to draw or you have to let up on your ring finger to release. I'm not sure I would care for that.

Also, it appears to have a slot for a strap to go on your wrist? So is this release flopping around loosely and then you got to get it set in your hand for a shot or is it strapped to the palm of your hand in some way? I would see why you would want to strap it on in some fashion so you don’t leave it on a rock after picking up your bino’s to glass, but it sure would aggravate me if it flopped around and hit the riser on my bow while I was sneaking through the bush.

GBA

This might be worth a try.

You pull back with two fingers and the wrist strap (splitting the weight), then roll your ring finger and pinky over. To shoot you just drop your pinky. Its that dang easy. The strap keeps it attached but it flops like my trufire.

Antmo23,

Thanks for the info. looks like a pretty good release.

GBA

Gonna look at it today, Eric. The Carter I shoot now is a wrist strap with a flexible connection between the strap and release. It hangs freely when not in my hand. My draw happens completely off the strap/wrist. My fingers are not part of the pull and I push fwd on the trigger purposely to prevent a slip and ensure my finger isn't on it.

If I can I'll get some video of exactly how the release works.

Go shoot one. Just be sure to bring your wallet. You'll buy one.

Just go to No Limit Archery and Dale shows a video of how it works and adjustments as well......