Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Gobbling report..what are you hearing?

How do you use the coyote call for shock gobbles? Any specific volume or time of day that works best? I don't want to try and spook them.

How do you use the coyote call for shock gobbles? Any specific volume or time of day that works best? I don't want to try and spook them.

This is the first day I have ever used it. Tried it with first light and a few more times till I quit at about 8:30. Suppose to work throughout the day. I was hesitant about spooking them too, but woody said he uses it all day long. Since I got the confidence I will continue using it, just as a locater. Then work in with hen calls, which I haven't done yet, been just leaving them after locating. I make it as load as I can.

• Like 1

Not alot of birds thismorning in 3c. Did have one tom chase two hens into our camp though. Full strut all the way.

This is the first day I have ever used it. Tried it with first light and a few more times till I quit at about 8:30. Suppose to work throughout the day. I was hesitant about spooking them too, but woody said he uses it all day long. Since I got the confidence I will continue using it, just as a locater. Then work in with hen calls, which I haven't done yet, been just leaving them after locating. I make it as load as I can.

start of load to locate, your going for the shock gooble, when you locate them just keep them going , if your heading to the roust have someone stay back and call, and of your alone go towards the birds a slowly turn down the volume as you get closer. a cotote call won't spook them. works good after dark to locate for next day. save me a bird for next weekend. good luck killers

• Like 2

Thanks wildwoody. I'm stuck at work today, but heading out about 2am for the weekend. I'll bring my caller along to try it out.

• Like 1