Sign in to follow this  
ctracingraptor

Sendero setup help

I recently purchased a Reminton Sendero 7mm, i am starting to get into shooting past 500 yards. I was trying to duplicate the Sendeo build from Gunwerks. I own lots of Vortex products, i have narrowed by scope choices to the 6x24x50 but can't decide on the PST or HS-LR. I know the differences between the two, just curious if anyone had an expericence or comparison advice? Also i have narrowed by rings and bases to the Tally one piece setup, i cant seem to find a local dealer who has them. According to Tallys website there are dozens of height options for the 700, and im totally lost, can anyone point me in the right direction on finding a set, specific part numbers or height options, preferably the ones that mount the lowest using the PST or HS-LR? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The HS-LR dosent have an exposed wind age turret, if you carry your rifle in your right hand it will rub your wrist, it will also not fit in a scabbard. Bottom line its more compact. I have the 4x16x50 HS LR FFP, and find it perfect for hunting big game, I know someone else who uses this scope and loves it.

I got my wife a 700 in 7mm for christmas. Got her a vortex 4-16x50 hs-lr. I used nightforce low rings and a nightforce 20 moa base. Plenty of room to spare. Dont' know if that helps you. Also if your not dead set on tallys I was at Bear Mountain today and they had a one piece nightforce.

But if I didn't use the 20 moa base I'm not sure it would have fit.

I have the HS lr and use the vortex precision rings (medium) without any clearance issues on my RUM. It does have a 20moa rail though.

I also have one on my SAUM with standard bases and medium rings without any clearance issues.

I am a fan of the HS LR.

I'm have a 56mm with 20moa base and nightforce Lows clear just fine.. I have been really please with my sightron might not be a bad one to look into.. The siii 6x24x50 has a 100moa aposed to vortex at 65moa

Have you guys heard about The national recall on all remington guns for the triggers? Brother in law was in sportsmans when the pull all rifles off the shelf. Havent seen the press release. But worth looking into. We have ours swapped out to timneys

Have you guys heard about The national recall on all remington guns for the triggers? Brother in law was in sportsmans when the pull all rifles off the shelf. Havent seen the press release. But worth looking into. We have ours swapped out to timneys

qhttp://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/press-releases/2014/Firearms/Remington%20Arms%20Announces%20Voluntary%20Product%20Recall.aspxuote]

I just read this the x-mark pro adjustable doesnt seem to adjust at all . Its okay at 3.5 pounds , but I think I will trash it and get something else.

I got my wife a 700 in 7mm for christmas. Got her a vortex 4-16x50 hs-lr. I used nightforce low rings and a nightforce 20 moa base. Plenty of room to spare. Dont' know if that helps you. Also if your not dead set on tallys I was at Bear Mountain today and they had a one piece nightforce.

I dont really want to run a moa base, i am kinda liking the one piece setup, i will look into the nighforce. Seems like alot of people like the HS-LR, havent seen a bad review yet