Sign in to follow this  
Norteno

Shot new arrows, not what I expected ?

You should try to shoot with as much helical fletching as possible. The spinning creates centrifugal force which makes for a better stabalized arrow.

/>You should try to shoot with as much helical fletching as possible. The spinning creates centrifugal force which makes for a better stabalized arrow.

If you're getting accuracy out of the straight fletched ones then stick with it. If you have a bow that is slightly out of tune then helical will stabilize it quicker but it comes at a cost. That centrifugal force he is talking about doesn't come from nowhere, it robs energy from the arrow thus causing the change in trajectory. It also makes them louder in air.

/> You should try to shoot with as much helical fletching as possible. The spinning creates centrifugal force which makes for a better stabalized arrow.

If you're getting accuracy out of the straight fletched ones then stick with it. If you have a bow that is slightly out of tune then helical will stabilize it quicker but it comes at a cost. That centrifugal force he is talking about doesn't come from nowhere, it robs energy from the arrow thus causing the change in trajectory. It also makes them louder in air.

You are correct in the lost of speed and depending on the fletching some sound, otherwise a setup that's more forgiving would seem optimal in this case especially since it seems he maybe a newer shooter.

Otherwise he's at the mercy of the arrow if he ever makes a bad shot, especially out in the field on game. The trade off in fps would probably be minimal, I'm pretty positive he'll still would be well in range of the ke needed for any game in AZ.

• Like 1

I agree couple feet per second was worth the tighter groups for me. My 9.5 gpi Easton axis gets 295 fps through the chrono