Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

10 Bonus Points, What Unit?

Yea. I personally cant justify putting in for the bab. Its quite the hike. Ive hunted bab quality bucks in units south of the ditch. There are huge bucks in all corners of our beautiful state. I try not to get caught up in measuring the success of my hunts in inches but last year I did spend my entire rifle hunt after one particular buck that I scouted hard. Two blown stalks on the early archery. And I missed my shot at him opening morning of my rifle tag(worst tag soup I've ever ate) But if I had 10 pts, the time off, the moolah required to scout/hunt 6+ hrs from home I'd do it!

i dont have money to scout anywhere and suck at finding deer in the desert. figure ill just put in for the best hunt with the most deer and do as little as possible.

What units do u usually try to find bucks in? Rather what's close to home?

i got 10 points bro, i never get to go lol.

edit: im in mesa. but im not putting in for those units.

Thought u might bow hunt.lol.. I'd say 23 or 3c prolly ur best bets if u cant pull the bab tag. Ive seen some real nice bucks in both those units.

Thought u might bow hunt.lol.. I'd say 23 or 3c prolly ur best bets if u cant pull the bab tag. Ive seen some real nice bucks in both those units.

has anyone killed good bucks out of 3c? i remember hearing of a kid that got a 200"+ out of there but never saw a pic. seems like 165 is a great buck from there. i dont know 23 at all so i probably wont be going for that one.

Koury and his guides pull some nice ones out of there(3a/c). 23 is a huge unit. High mountain pines to desert. Hey, half the fun can be exploring new country.

12 AW Late would be my first choice.

22. It should be a slam dunk

ya if you can find the 2 bucks that are left here.lol

• Like 1

What units do u usually try to find bucks in? Rather what's close to home?

i got 10 points bro, i never get to go lol.

edit: im in mesa. but im not putting in for those units.

i got 7 bonus point im putting in for 12w late and the strip, but weve had a few 12w earky tags and pulled a 4x4 = 185" a 3x4 = !78" and alittle 7x8 = 223" so either 12w tags are great choises

should i think about east side for my first choice at all or no? ive been the west side a few times but never the east.

no 12e is getting real tough, my opinion

Why not put in for one of the Decemeber rifle Muley tags?

• Like 1