azhuntnut

Some items I found hunting

While I was archery pig hunting this weekend I found something that I will probably never find again. The shell was upside down in a river bottom. There was no sign of scratch or chew marks, so I don't think it was killed by anything. And then I walked another half mile and found this radio at the edge of a small wash. I am sure the hunter lost it when he jumped across, because I did the same thing. I found the muley shed high up a mountain all by its lonesome. I also found a pig skull, but I gave it to my buddy since he doesn't have any. But I did not find any pigs, only the day before the season started. David

IMGA0076.jpg

IMGA0077.jpg

IMGA0080.jpg

IMGA0079.jpg

Those are great finds in one day!

Hey AZHUNTNUT I lost my wallet in 36c one year ago. could you go look for it?

Bob

that is a cool tortoise shell, I had never seen one in the wild until last year when my buddies found three of them while we were pig hunting. Once you know what their burrows look like its pretty easy to find them. The first one we dug out and took him down to the corral near where we had parked and watched him walk around, the other two we just took pics in their dens and left them there.

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

azhuntnut, I can't believe you found those all in one day. I thought I was having a bad day when I lost all three of those items in one day. Thanks for finding them. I'll let you keep the shed if you'll just return my radio and my son's turtle shell. I really appreciate it. I was hoping an honest fellow hunter, like myself, would be the one to come across my lost stuff. :lol:

Hey Griz,

Just so you know, picking up or otherwise messing with desert tortoises is illegal. Tortoises can catch human cold viruses very easily and then die. Also, when you pick them up, they will sometimes urinate their water supply, which can kill them too. You may want to go back and edit your post, because G&F does monitor this forum. Last year they went through bow deer kills trying to figure out if the bowhunter had reported the kill. It amazes me that the fish police has the time and money to spend internet spying.

Mark

Hey Griz,

Just so you know, picking up or otherwise messing with desert tortoises is illegal. Tortoises can catch human cold viruses very easily and then die. Also, when you pick them up, they will sometimes urinate their water supply, which can kill them too. You may want to go back and edit your post, because G&F does monitor this forum. Last year they went through bow deer kills trying to figure out if the bowhunter had reported the kill. It amazes me that the fish police has the time and money to spend internet spying.

Mark

I think he said it was already dead when he found it.

azhuntnut's find was dead. Grizz's was alive.... Good points bowsniper.

I'm assuming that the statute of limitations has run-out so I'll confess..... :rolleyes: When I was a kid growing-up in 'Smalltown Southern AZ', we would sometimes come accross them or our dads would find them while working at the mine. They would usually end-up as our back-yard pets until they dug their way out and escaped. Luckily we lived in the middle of the desert, so when they escaped it was right back to their habitat. Didn't know about the water & cold risks then.

Cool find's huntnut!

LOL nmcouesaddict!!! :lol:

S.

:)

I wish I could go back and find all of the stuff I have lost. I found the shell in 20c, which I haven't heard of turtles being in that area. David

I would love to have a shell like that. The one i have is on a living turtle in my Yard. It is a russian turtle. I would love to have the shell to put in my survival bag.

azhuntnut's find was dead. Grizz's was alive.... Good points bowsniper.

I'm assuming that the statute of limitations has run-out so I'll confess..... :rolleyes: When I was a kid growing-up in 'Smalltown Southern AZ', we would sometimes come accross them or our dads would find them while working at the mine. They would usually end-up as our back-yard pets until they dug their way out and escaped. Luckily we lived in the middle of the desert, so when they escaped it was right back to their habitat. Didn't know about the water & cold risks then.

Cool find's huntnut!

LOL nmcouesaddict!!! :lol:

S.

:)

My Bad. I didn't see Grizz's post

Thanks for the heads up bowsniper but I was just lying in my post, I have a low self esteem problem and often come on these internet sights and spout off with all of the things that I have not really accomplished. In fact I am morbidly obese and live in Florida and whenever I leave the house the fire dept has to remove my wall so I can be hoisted out with a crane. Richard Simmons frequently visits me and tells me Im a beautiful person inside, so Im okay with it all. In fact my name isnt even grizzly. :huh: So I never really found a tortoise.

Thanks for the heads up bowsniper but I was just lying in my post, I have a low self esteem problem and often come on these internet sights and spout off with all of the things that I have not really accomplished. In fact I am morbidly obese and live in Florida and whenever I leave the house the fire dept has to remove my wall so I can be hoisted out with a crane. Richard Simmons frequently visits me and tells me Im a beautiful person inside, so Im okay with it all. In fact my name isnt even grizzly. :huh: So I never really found a tortoise.

LOL

Nice tagline though..."Ride Boldly ride...."

:blink: I have to wonder though, if you are admitting to lying in your post, if you might be lying about lying??? :unsure:

Some stuff is believable, but it is hard to believe anyone on this site would admit to knowing Richard Simmons :lol: :lol:

Hey griz are you sure you are not CHD. That sounds like CHD.

Bob