Sign in to follow this  
WildmanKC

Guided Bowfishing trip?

I hope its ok to ask this here. I didn't see any bowfishing guides in the sponsor board. if not, I apologize and understand if this post gets deleted.

I am looking to get my daughter a guided bowfishing trip for her 8th grade graduation gift. We do a little bowfishing on our own here and there, mainly from shore. I would like to get her a trip with someone that really knows what they are doing and has the proper boat set-up. looking for a day or night trip.

Does anyone here have any advice or recommendations?

Thanks Terry, I am hoping to get her a good trip.

Thanks Coues assassin. I looked at Timberland Outfitters website and they didn't have much info. I sent them an email.

When are you looking to go? Now that the days are getting hotter it's turning into night shooting. Which night shooting with people that aren't very experienced is much better because you find fish in much shallower water than you do in the day time.

BowfishAZ we are looking to go here at the end of May or beginning of June. A night trip would be fine. Personally I think a night trip would be great and add to the adventure of it.

We have shot at Pleasant mostly, Castle Creek, Humbug, Agua Fria. We have also done some shooting up on the Verde river and Beaver creek.

we went yesyerday and shot over 100 times at tilapia and carp and hit 0. we were at alamo. they were everwhere

we went yesyerday and shot over 100 times at tilapia and carp and hit 0. we were at alamo. they were everwhere

Good to hear alakamode still has water in it...... you can get a ton of good filets from them tilapia! !!!!!!! I wish more lakes here in AZ had em like Alamo. ......

I would definitely recommend trying to do a night trip at this point of the year. Day time fishing has been slow. Night time action is definitely picking up! This if from Friday night at Roosevelt lake. Just me and my partner in 6 hours.

post-9475-0-34556200-1399906134_thumb.jpg

post-9475-0-83074900-1399906183_thumb.jpg

• Like 3