Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

Out of state hunting licenses , am I reading it correctly?

I drive truck for Power Fuels, Now known as Nuverra. They bus us from Minot to Stanley, then we drive our trucks from Stanley to where ever. Mostly Newtown area to Watford and north almost to Canada. been in Williston 4-5 times working. My # is 701-500-9845. I work nites. Leaving for work now. bus leaves at 5pm. Nuverras main office is in Scottsdale. Hope to tranfer some day but the pay is much better here. They pay us to ride the bus too..........BOB!

That sounds like a great gig! I'll save your number incase I end up in the Bakken next summer. The Eagle Ford and Permian are hopping right now as well. Baker Hughes said Drilling Contractors are short 5000 hands in Texas alone, I'm sure ND is not slowing down either.

Got to say that it is absurd to have a hunter who only comes to hunt, buy a fishing license. Feels like a money grab , even more so than making the out of staters purchase a non refundable license fee when not drawn.

I would love to know the reasoning behind this .

Um....to gggrab mmoney????

Illinois

Nonresident 5-day hunting $37

nonresident archery deer antlerless (spike 3" or less or does) $25.50

If I decide to break the bank, I can get the nonresident either sex and antlerless archery tag for $410.

Nonresident fishing 10-day $20

Turkey tag $75.50

Trout stamp $6.50

I think it's absolutely absurd to make an out of state person buy a license when they may or may not even get drawn (or step foot) there. In fact it's just thievery. I'd like to put in for AZ, NM, UT, CO, NV and several other states. If I draw, I'd be happy to buy the state license and tag. But making me buy a license just to apply - unjust govt money grab.

Coach ,I agree with You 100%. I have not put in for New Mezico since they started making You buy a license. I had hunted there about 10 years in a row before that.............BOB!

New Mexico will refund your license if you don't draw if you check the box on your application. Nevada will too, but if you ask for the refund you don't get the bonus point.

Again, the more licenses you sell, the more Pittman money you can get through the Feds.