biglakejake

beyond here...........there be tuna....

never argue with el nino. tuna off point loma in april/may is a surer sign of el nino than anything noaa can predict.

el nino can mean tuna for over 6 months off 'dego and yellowfin and bigeye off the golden gate in september. the best sd fishing will probably be mid june through labor day if history is any precedent.

several boats going out under the spotters this weekend-mostly day-and-a-half trips.

luck,

lee

No 50 LBs but made some great steaks, from my step dad late last summer. Caught on either an overnite or day and half out of H&M Landing

post-4480-0-20159700-1400443529_thumb.jpg

Been a few years since I went out of San Diego. Last few trips were boat rides (still fun but disappointing). For the sake of the industry, hope they have a great year.

Those of you thinking about trying a trip, I'd suggest getting hold of Ted at Phoenix Fishing. He can "hook you up".

No 50 LBs but made some great steaks, from my step dad late last summer. Caught on either an overnite or day and half out of H&M Landing

attachicon.gifResizedImage951379203777291.jpg

be sick if the albacore came in strong this year.

Albies usually show up slightly before YFT, if they're going to show this year fish counts should reflect it soon. Still, it IS fishing, you just never know.

phoenix phishing. yeah sure. swivel they can prolly "hook you up" for a great albatross charter send in your deposit sir!

lots of early tuna however this week out of seaforth, h&m and point loma. as in sportfishing landings. not in phoenix.

as for albacore-an el nino season usually limits them to a minimal showing but yellowfin, bigeye and dorado can plug the holds as early as independence day. as in metric tonnage.

401k? this year i might spell that 401t-una.

lee

phoenix phishing. yeah sure. swivel they can prolly "hook you up" for a great albatross charter send in your deposit sir!

lots of early tuna however this week out of seaforth, h&m and point loma. as in sportfishing landings. not in phoenix.

as for albacore-an el nino season usually limits them to a minimal showing but yellowfin, bigeye and dorado can plug the holds as early as independence day. as in metric tonnage.

401k? this year i might spell that 401t-una.

lee

Plenty of people in this town know Ted. He's a good man and knows San Diego sportfishing well. You some kind of cheerleader for the big 3?