Sign in to follow this  
dpr64

Super dumb archery tag question....

Please refrain from tearing me limb from limb but I have a dumb OTC archery tag question... Having NEVER purchased one although I have gone through the draw process many times for coues rifle, when one buys and over the counter archery tag (both mule/coues combo) is it good for one unit or is good for any unit? that is open to archery? Also, does one have to buy the early, mid, or late season or are they all combined? I have NO idea and was thinking of buying a crossbow this year as I am bit handicapped leg wise.....

Be nice! :)

Good for any open unit, any antlered deer, and every season within the calendar year

Remember you CAN NOT USE A CROSSBOW DURING ARCHERY SEASON unless you have a permit from AZGFD. You said that your " a bit handicapped leg wise". That does not meet the requirements for a crossbow permit. You must be at least 90% impaired in one of your ARMS in order to receive the permit to use the crossbow during archery season. And make sure you check the Regs because not all units are open during archery season, and some are not any antlered deer.

• Like 1

I do have the permit from AZGFD and I do see that some units are not open..... Thanks to all with the info!

Remember you CAN NOT USE A CROSSBOW DURING ARCHERY SEASON unless you have a permit from AZGFD. You said that your " a bit handicapped leg wise". That does not meet the requirements for a crossbow permit. You must be at least 90% impaired in one of your ARMS in order to receive the permit to use the crossbow during archery season. And make sure you check the Regs because not all units are open during archery season, and some are not any antlered deer.

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Better to ask then assume and get in trouble in the field. Crossbow permit is probably not feasible but you may want to look into a CHAMP (Challenged Hunters Access/Mobility Permit), it also requires a Physician signed form from the Department which includes at least 90% disability in one leg regardless of the function of the other leg.