Sign in to follow this  
DrRx09

Remembering the fallen

Going to visit my grandfathers grave today at the Veterans Cemetary in north Phoenix.

WWII bronze Star receipient. South Pacific.

• Like 2

I was raised by a 2-tour Vietnam combat vet. Multiple bronze stars (one with "V") and severe PTSD and survivor's guilt. Pretty much every day in our house was Memorial Day, but we definitely honored them extra special on Memorial Day. His dad lied about his age to get into WWII and also received multiple (4, I think) bronze stars and 3 or 4 purple hearts. May God ensure that all who made the ultimate sacrifice and those who have since gone to join their buddies since have peace, comfort, and love for eternity. They've earned it!

If Chadwick Kenyon was relation to you, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I am making a big pot of homemade Chili today which I share with my neighbor who is a Veteran. We will have a few beers, and raise a glass in tribute to the fallen hero's.

In a world gone crazy, many of us have not forgotten those who have sacrificed for freedom.

• Like 1

Will spend this evening with my 90 year old father (and my mom). He served as navigator on a B-17 over Europe in WWII, and definitely is my personal Superman. My family is so blessed that he is still alive today!

Prayers to all who have fallen.

S.

• Like 2

Dad was drafted into the navy in 1944 and served as a gunner aboard destroyers in the Pacific. He gave himself numerous tattoos on his hands and limbs to make identifying his body easier. It was just the reality of the war.

I learned at an early age not to ask questions about the war, he would only confide in a Marine vet living next door.

Mom had lost an uncle in Bataan, Philippines 1942.

• Like 1