Sign in to follow this  
Kingzero

My new Tikka Superlight.

I got tired of packing my 15lb custom around on hunts so I decided to get a dedicated lightweight hunting rifle. I went with a Tikka T3 Superlight in 7mm RM.

I topped it with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 in Talley lightweight rings. It weighs 8.5 lbs as it sits with 3 rounds in the mag.

Going to shoot 150gr Barnes TTSX's and have a couple pounds of Retumbo to start with. Plan to use this as a mid range (600 yards) elk and deer rifle. I really like the feel of this rifle and hope is shoots as good as others I have seen. I plan to put it in a McMillan Gamescout eventually.

20140530_101713_zpscb9fc69e.jpg

20140530_101921_zpsddc60363.jpg

• Like 2

Nice rifle. I came really close to buying one in .270 a few years back, but went for the Sako Finnlight 85 since someone else was paying for it. :) Really like the fluted barrel. Enjoy!

I got the 300 win mag and vortex last fall and same bullets as You Plan to use it like You on deer and elk, same range. Small world. I killed a nice Muley in Montana last year. It did the job real quick at 250 yards...Good Luck with it.. I went Tikka cause of the light weight.................BOB!

Nice. I was looking at a T3 Lite but was hoping for a fluted barrel. Cabelas had their own special run but didn't like the calibers offered. Do you know what the Sportsmans Warehouse calibers are or what the stores in phoenix have by any chance?

Nice. I was looking at a T3 Lite but was hoping for a fluted barrel. Cabelas had their own special run but didn't like the calibers offered. Do you know what the Sportsmans Warehouse calibers are or what the stores in phoenix have by any chance?

It is hard to find any info on the Superlights. I found a post from a guy that e-mailed Sportsmans back in 2012 and these are the calibers they listed as available in the Superlight....223, 22-250, 308, 30-06, 7mm RM and 300 WM. They might have made more available since then.