Sign in to follow this  
muleskinner

Freedom lost again

Would God marry two Gays if he were the preacher marrying them? Doubt it.

Its an absolute shame that this country has gone down the road and has gone so far astray from the word of God. Gay marriage defies the plan that God set forth for man.

Look at it however you want to but gay marriage will never be looked at like the civil rights movement is.

Be Gay all you Frickin want to be gay. Don't cram it down the throats of those that believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman AND for following Gods plan of procreation.

• Like 1

It is my view that the free market would take of those businesses that practice bigotry.

• Like 1

By definition, bigotry is intolerance of an opinion or view that is different from one's own. So is the person who forces the photographer or cake maker to perform against their will also a bigot? I'd argue some of the biggest bigots I've known are Progressives...who claim to be the farthest thing from it.

I hold a definition of Marriage as between one man and one woman. That comes from my Christian beliefs. As a Christian, I do not feel that treating any person badly or unfairly is okay...though I am far from perfect in that regard or any other. I don't feel gay people should have any different rights as conferred by government, nor do I think they should be treated differently as human beings. All I ask is that they figure out a different name for it, because Marriage has religious meaning. Am I the bigot...or is the person who wants to ram their opinion down my throat the bigot? I am not saying their rights should be different...but I am being told my definition should be.

Human rights should never be infringed. On that I do not disagree. I begrudge no one human decency or kindness. I also don't presume that I should be able to dictate what they should or should not believe....this Government does.

The bible also preaches againd gluttony and sloth... So should we make it illegal for overweight or lazy people to get married? Should we outlaw interracial marriages because theyre different and should marry their own 'kind'? The god I know isn't a god of hate.fact is the gay movement is already looked at like the civil rights movement, but just like back then the ignorant can't or won't see it. Bottom line is that just like you don't want it in your face and follow your beliefs, so do they.and they have every bit as much right to that as you or anybody else. My god is about love, not just procreation.

• Like 1

Sjvcon I hear what you're saying, and tho I don't agree with some of it I respect and see your point of view.back on topic, I don't think its right to refuse service for any of these reasons, but I don't think it should be a law to be forced to.if people want to discriminate it always comes full circle to bite em one way or another

Honestly I don't think 99% of America gives a crap if a dude loves another dude... but enough with the parades and flaunting that you're gay. More than anything it gets annoying and people are sick of all the flamboyancy as well as the sewer line out of Hollywood into our televisons trying to tell our kids homosexuality is the norm and ok and that it is perfectly fine. Screw that. My kid will not be raised watching the BS reality shows that promote gayness. Just won't happen in my house. Again... could care less about what two dudes do in the bedroom but leave it at that. The gays dancing around in the streets in bikinis and daisy dukes with painted faces flaunting their sexuality only hurts their case and annoys people. Just my thoughts! I treat everyone with the same respect and I do meet with all kinds in my job. We are all humans but for goodness sake put some clothes on and knock it off with all the stupid parades and garbage.

• Like 2

The ones that dance around and dress like that are definitely the tiny minority....most gay people you would never even know if they didn't tell you. That's like saying hunters are annoying cuz we all poach, litter, and drive around in huge camo trucks flying a confederate flag off the back.the vast majority of us hunters don't do those things, and as such shouldn't be lumped in with them.

Yeah you're right.. the parades only get 30,000 people that show up to a single parade event in sanfranfreako. That is not an insignificant number. They fly in from all over the country. But more importantly I'm talking about the trash on TV that promotes homosexuality. Again, if two guys or girls want to have a relationship no one really cares but when the TV networks/Hollywood/etc.. ram it down our throats with every other sitcom or reality show two dudes in bed together or making out... that is where I get irritated and will refuse to let my child watch that crap... once he is at the age where he watches tv anyway. It is the erosion of our culture and moral values in my opinion.

• Like 2

Then learn how to turn the channel and stop going to gay parades.problem solved. Not in your face unless you choose for it to be.What other people do and whats on tv is none of your business.be a respectful adult and dont participate its that simple.gay people are way down at the bottom of the list of things eroding our morals.being gay isnt even a moral issue.but judgement and hatred are.think about it...even if some religions are against being gay, that's a very small issue compared to the whole point of christianity , which is to be a decent, loving, non judgemental,humble,faithful person. Those attributes are exactly what are lost with this kind of condemning mentality.the main goal is sacrificed in fear and hate.I strongly doubt that is gods will.

I would wager that the baker in this instance was pre selected knowing he would be opposed to the idea. Then make him and example to intimidate the rest. What would be the point of forcing him to bake the cake? Why go thdu the hassle and added expense? What happens if he doesn't get the cake finished on time? Jail? What if the cake tastes bad? Im sure there would be dozens of bakers that would have been happy to bake a cake.

Thats what irks me about these cases the most. The bullying from the left to insist we not only accept this, but embrace the idea completely.

What if a baker told a gay couple that he couldn't fit any more cakes into his schedule at the time because hes too busy. Should he be forced to reschedule other customers to accommodate them?

Then learn how to turn the channel and stop going to gay parades.problem solved. Not in your face unless you choose for it to be.What other people do and whats on tv is none of your business.be a respectful adult and dont participate its that simple.gay people are way down at the bottom of the list of things eroding our morals.being gay isnt even a moral issue.but judgement and hatred are.think about it...even if some religions are against being gay, that's a very small issue compared to the whole point of christianity , which is to be a decent, loving, non judgemental,humble,faithful person. Those attributes are exactly what are lost with this kind of condemning mentality.the main goal is sacrificed in fear and hate.I strongly doubt that is gods will.

Not quite there dustin. Problem not solved...I disagree. It is in your face almost everywhere you go and nearly everything you watch on tv. You can't put your child in a closet to hide from it. Simply not going to a parade or changing the channel doesn't resolve the issue of the gays ramming it down America's throat every chance they get. No doubt about it the liberals are doing everything they can to make our society more progressive and accepting of things we don't agree with morally. I think you are confusing some things. I am a Christian, I am accepting of gays but NOT their sexuality. I love them as a person but do not agree with their lifestyle. That is my right and I am not any less of a Christian because of that. I do not hate them I simply disagree with homosexuality as it was not God's intended plan and doesn't make any sense to me. Don't assume just because someone disagrees with homosexuality that they are a disrespectful hate filled bigot. That would be incorrect. I agree with you the point of Christianity is to live as Jesus did, be a decent, loving, humble, faithful person.... but that doesn't mean drop all of your convictions and don't stand your ground. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

• Like 1

I don't know you personally critter, I just meant that so often it is turned into hate and judgement instead of just standing up for beliefs.right is right and wrong is wrong,but this issue is not black and white like that.

Right is right. Wrong is wrong. And indecent exposure in a public place is a crime. Why is it tolerated in a gay parade in San Fran ... but if I walk out the door in a banana hammock I'd get arrested? Believe me...that happens there. I have a co-worker who has gone and seen It personally. Being a lefty, he actually finds it "funny". Nothing funny to me about that. Not sure I agree that is NOT " in your face" by the left.

• Like 1