Sign in to follow this  
camoremi

Finally threw out a camera

So my morning started with waking up at 4am and driving to my potential hunting grounds.post-12322-0-42568200-1403292163_thumb.jpg

I got out and it was already starting to heat up, I strapped a 50 lb bag of salt to my badlands 2200

Well it was a lot farther than I thought. I hiked for a little over 2 hours to a game trail that had sign back in jan. The trail was beat down pretty good and found a spot where the dirt was beat to heckpost-12322-0-66742200-1403292437_thumb.jpg

Well I got out the shovel dug it up some more mixed in salt and threw a camera on it.post-12322-0-30389000-1403292778_thumb.jpg

post-12322-0-28828900-1403292866_thumb.jpg

All in all I put about 4-5 miles on my boots ran in to some javalina and ran into this little guy.

post-12322-0-17640000-1403292996_thumb.jpg

post-12322-0-15276900-1403292528_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm sorry I couldn't figure out why the pics are rotated

Can't wait to see your pics. What is your plan if you get activity? Planning to set up a blind, spot and stock? Good Luck

I'm going to build a brush blind next month when I check the camera. That's if it has activity. If nothing on it their is a a descent spot to glass near that area with tons of fingers to check Saw a wide 2 point Mulley last December out their. Maybe he is still out their

How long should I give my camera out their? It's only about 50 minutes from my house and 2 hour hike in to check it. So not terribly difficult.

How long should I give my camera out their? It's only about 50 minutes from my house and 2 hour hike in to check it. So not terribly difficult.

Once I find a spot that has what I am looking for as far as animals are concerned I try to leave it as "undisturbed" as possible. I usually check cam's every month & 1/2 - 2 months. I have had a "spot" that I have shot several deer and a bear in (the one in my avatar) for about 5 years. Recently I got a new bear and a bobcat starting to frequent the area. It'll take some time for same animals to find your stuff and get accustomed to visiting the spot

I wish I had more patience I already want to check it

We should get it sooner, remember what happened with my highly anticipated camera.

Also, if there's a lot of activity you might want to keep in mind how fast the memory card might fill up.where I put mine its not uncommon for the SD card to get full in 2-3 weeks and it sucks checking the pics when the antlers are growing only to find out its been full for weeks...

Kinda what I said, had a camera at a remote water hole and in 18 hours got 150 bird pics.

My sd card is 8gb. 1 minute delay. So I guess it could get full. But it's on a game trail in the desert. I dunno how much I will get

I have been checking mine about every month. I also spray scent kill in the areas I was sitting down and stuff too around the camera. Don't want to be stinking up that area too much, haha. I just put a new one up this past Sunday and am itching to go check it. Probably won't though until middle of July. Gotta let nature happen.

My sd card is 8gb. 1 minute delay. So I guess it could get full. But it's on a game trail in the desert. I dunno how much I will get

I had 3000 pictures on an 8 gig card a few weeks ago. Just an FYI. Dumb branch in front of the camera kept setting it off. Card was not full.

I tried to make sure nothing was in way that the wind could blow to set it off

Will javelina hit my salt spot as well?