Sign in to follow this  
Hunter4Life09

ISO

Cal ranch actually has some decent pack frames for a reasonable price, if you don't have a Cal Ranch store where you live then maybe check it out online.

Cal ranch actually has some decent pack frames for a reasonable price, if you don't have a Cal Ranch store where you live then maybe check it out online.

I think this is the place i went into in prescott and was ready to buy a house next door! awesome they have everything

That frame pack from Cal Ranch is a POS. Buy quality gear, it started busting straps at 25lbs, don't buy it unless you want to buy a frame pack twice.

Sportsmans has some, or they used to, that aren't priced too bad. But you get what you pay for, and a frame is definitely one piece of equipment you don't wanna skimp on. I've been a freighter guy ever since I can remember and never had a problem with em. You might get lucky and pick one up on ebay/craigslist used for $50. If you do.....snatch that mofo.

Alps Outdoorsz has the best framed packs for cheap in my opinion

Agree with buying quality gear, i use the 'Alaskan I' Frame strictly for hauling or packing out and never have problems, $99.99 at Cabelas, this review sums up my findings of this Frame exactly...

"I have two of these packs which I've used to pack out multiple elk and deer. My only complaint about this pack is that it squeaks. While it's not loud enough to jeopardize your hunt, it is really annoying to have it squeak with every step. As far was overall comfort and load hauling ability, I have no complaints. I have carried out loads in excess of 80 lbs., and the pack performed great."

DAN

• Like 1

That frame pack from Cal Ranch is a POS. Buy quality gear, it started busting straps at 25lbs, don't buy it unless you want to buy a frame pack twice.

Oh, I did not know that, I just noticed that they had them and have never heard anything about them, thanks for the info. If I ever but a pack frame I'll be sure to stay away from them.