Sign in to follow this  
sherman

case trimmer

Ok so I have decided to up grade my case trimming operation from the lee trimmer that is a pain on my hands to a better faster one. I have looked at the rcbs pro trimmer and the Hornady cam lock trimmer. I am about 99% sure I will get the rcbs because it comes with mor pilots and I wouldn't have to replaceall my shell holders. What do you all use and what are the pros and cons of it. Thanks

Dont get it you will not like it. If you want a trimmer that is spot on perfect trim length and cuts the case SQUARE then look at the LE Wilson micrometer trimmer. Thats the one i have and by far a GREAT investment. You can also get the inside neck reamer for it, chamfering tool, and other cool attachments. You will not find a negative review on it. You can also get the Sinclair model it is the same trimmer.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/276092/le-wilson-micrometer-case-trimmer-stainless-steel-case-trimming-kit?cm_vc=ProductFinding

http://www.sinclairintl.com/reloading-equipment/case-preparation/case-trimming/case-trimmers/sinclair-stainless-ultimate-trimmer-prod39292.aspx

I have the RCBS and think it is great. It takes a little learning to get it to work perfectly and you can't force it.

I have used others as we'll as a Forster case holder modified to work on a drill press. This also works well but the RCBS is extremely convenient.

I made the switch to the RCBS after seeing Shawn Carlock use it in his videos. If those guys trust it to shoot extremely successfully out past 1K yds it is probably good enough for me. :)

I have found those little lee case trimmers to be about the easiest and most accurate trimmer out there. I use a drill and made some round handles to go on mine that makes things a lot more comfortable.

The LE Wilson mentioned above is supposed to be the most precise and that's what I am ordering myself. No first hand experience yet. If you shoot a lot and want to get things done quicker but not sacrifice precision, ive herd its hard to beat the Gracey Power Trimmer.

I have found those little lee case trimmers to be about the easiest and most accurate trimmer out there. I use a drill and made some round handles to go on mine that makes things a lot more comfortable.

. I have done this as well but they dont come in every cal that I need. Thanks for the info guys I will look at that trimmer