Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

club update

well - I actually attended the meeting - I know - pass the smelling salts to all those in need

We are getting the portal come jan 2015 - basically a done deal
it a new up to date- new technological website -that lets you login and interactively get and give G&F information on your interests - with possible access to buyin licenses - boat renewal etc - make it as detailed as you desire for yourself

as for the hunting club - no one person was really excited or even thought it would fly .

we can get early access to the draw using our cc
the main discussion cover surrendered tags

I guess I was the only one who really do want hunters to just be able to return tags - minus tag cost and keep ther bonus points

heres what I sent in as my comment

If they allow surrendered tags - there must be guidelines and penalties involved.

besides loss of tag fees -
1- 25 dollar reprocessing fee

2- a loss of loyalty points for 5 yrs

3 - preferably a medical /doctors excuse that you physically can not hunt -then no loss of loyalty points or bonus points

4 - at least 2 weeks before season starts - not really fair to the new guy if its at a moments notice

5 -once in a lifetime - one species

otherwise hunters will abuse the process

point of interest - lets say of the 26,000 elk tags - .01 % decide for whatever reason to return there tags

what will the cost of trying to get 260 new hunters a chance to go and how long will it take

what if its 10 % can the department honestly be able basically redraw 2,600 tags in a minimum of time -say giving Each called person TWO or more tries to contact ?

allowing surrendered tags will ultimately be a total pain in the rear if you do not implement a stiff penalty.

now that's just elk - figure in all the other game species

You'd need a new staff and a dedicated department to pull it off

they are opening a can of worms that they may not be able to control

I think that the only real reason to surrender a tag is medical- doctors excuse if they are to maintain bonus points
other wise we all know anything can and does sometimes happen to change plans - lose everything -get over it

A lot of hunters may use the surrender to draw a better unit or during better conditions etc. will happen!
less likely if they know there are pentalties

THINK ABOUT IT DOES THE G&F HAVE THE EXTRA MANPOWER AND RESOURCE ,BUDGET TO PROVIDE THIS SERVICE!!

a lot of others mentioned / argued what difference does it make G&F will resell the tags
its not fair to the next guy if he only has a few days or a weks notice ifsome hunter sits on a tag for 3 months before deciding

next was to whom do these tags go

it should be just like the cc turned down the next guy in line for the regular draw

not some guy with money to get the first chance cuz in the the so called members club

several times the club was referred to a way for the "LAZY" to pay extra to get things done, he really didn't want to do or really have time for or really didnt know much about - and get the bonus of first choice cuz hes a member

I stated aloud that's to me that's BULL CHIT

also the lawyers / guides / retails new laws thing was basically about legal paid advertising - I stated the wording wasnt really clear

go to the meeting get a better idea

I voted NO on the club idea'

there is no new funding for the club or the portal - all taken out of existing fees

• Like 4

Thanks for attending and sharing your update from the meeting. Glad to hear G&F is updating their website to a portal and that there wasn't much support for the "club." Many things to consider if they allow tag surrender. Thanks for sharing several of the things that need to be considered. Wonder what technology they're using for the new portal.

• Like 1

There is already a "club" it is every sportsman in state or out of state that applies for the hunts. The "club" is called tax payers. That keeps everyone on common ground. If there were a "club" it needs to be a secret, so azgfd doesn't know. WHAT A BUCKET OF $H1T!

• Like 1

I don't like that surrender tag. Say I put in 5bs I don't get drawn then 10 guys surrender their tag. So guys who never wanted to hunt that unit have a chance to get one of those 10 tags when I originally wanted it. Seems like those surrender tags will be harder to get than a normal tag

• Like 2

Elkaholic...thanks for making it to the meeting and reporting to the rest of us who couldn't. I agree with just about everything you said above. Good points and thanks for speaking up.

• Like 1

I just dont see any reason for the tag surrender idea. You drew. You cant go. Life goes on. Are guys really going to return tags in premium units because its a drought year or there sister is getting married on opening day? Dumb idea that they would get a whole department of former ADOT employees to run.

• Like 2