Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Fire Restrictions Downgrade Tomorrow

Apache Sitgreaves National Forests will be downgraded from Stage 2 to Stage 1 restrictions tomorrow morning. I was camped up at Greens Peak all weekend and we got poured on the whole time. Glad to see things are headed in the right direction for the forests!

As a person who lives in the White Mountains, I completely disagree with what Tom Osen and Jim Zorne are doing. The decision is a BAD idea. People can still go camping and not have a fire.....I know, I know, camping just isn't the same without it, but when your home IS the Mountains and that gets burned up, it really makes those of us fortunate enough to live here angry. People just can't be responsible and the risk is simply to HIGH! It's a BAD decision!

• Like 1

Big lake posted on their Facebook page all fire restrictions will be lifted 8am in the 8th. I'm headed up in the 14th but I will most likely use my little red campfire.

Stage 1 still no campfires, but target shooting ok.

I feel for the mountain folk whose homes can be destroyed by one wrong accidental fire. The same can and does happen here in the lower thick desert where I live. People here don't follow restrictions because its all private and state trust land (some forest service) point being.... People think that if they don't see pines everywhere then a fire is safe, but my rural desert property can burn just as easy as the pine can, maybe it isn't as extensive as far as acerage but a lost home is the same no matter where your at! I lit my first BBQ Saturday after a couple of soaking rains and I still further soaked with the hose and had it ready while the fire was going.

• Like 1

I live up here, and while I'm all for fire restrictions when it's dry and windy, when we get the kinds of rain we've gotten over the last week, I'm glad to see the restrictions scaled back when it's safe to do so.

• Like 4

Coconino, Kiabab and Coconino County as well here is the press release from the county.

Coconino County to Lift Fire Restrictions Tuesday

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Coconino County, in conjunction with the Coconino and Kaibab National Forests, will lift its fire restrictions at 8 a.m. Tuesday, July 8.

Ample monsoonal rainfall throughout Northern Arizona over the weekend has brought much needed moisture to tinder-dry forests and area landscapes. The change in weather conditions prompted the County and U.S. Forest Service to end fire restrictions throughout the region.

Although much of the region received saturating rain, several areas may have received much less rainfall and fire conditions may still be high in some locations. Residents and visitors are asked to continue to use caution when using equipment or items that can spark a fire. They are also advised to thoroughly extinguish all campfires, operate ATVs and motorcycles with spark arrestors and to use caution when utilizing barbeque grills.

• Like 1

I asked if it was going to downgrade to a stage one they said full lift. I would like to see some more rain.

post-12322-0-36143700-1404791446_thumb.png