matthewp45

What an awesome year!

Well this year has been unbelievable for me. I will start off with my first archery deer which I killed yesterday afternoon 1-23-07. I glassed a bunch of deer rutting about 2 miles away through the spotting scope. About an hour later I was with in 60 yards of this nice 2 point. I sent one his way and hit him right in the honey basket. He ran 100 yards and fell over dead. After all of the time and effort put in out in the desert over the years this is one of my most favorite trophies.

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

On 1-6-07 I killed my second coues deer with a rifle on the San Carlos Res. It was a real nice 85" buck. I shot him with the old 7MM Dakota. He will look good on the wall.

DSC01184.jpg

On 12-11-06 I was invited to Kansas to go on my first Eastern whitetail hunt. After two days I was lucky enough to harvest this cool looking 9 point. I also shot him with my 7MM Dakota.

DSC01144.jpg

I was lucky enough to draw a unit 39 tag for the general rifle season down here in the desert. After a ton of scouting, glassing and walking I was able to take this nice 3 point on the second day of the hunt.

DesertDeer1.jpg

Finall twoard the end of August I traveled up to Colorado to take my first Antelope. I was pumped to take this real nice 76" buck with the old 7MM Dakota.

Antelope3.jpg

I have had the luckiest year of hunting. I really appreciate being able to post and share my stories with all of you. Thanks for all of the nice comments and conversation. Hopefully next year will bring some more good stories.

Congrats on an awesome year. Simply amazing

You are an inspiration to all the other hunters on the board to be able to take so many nice deer and a nice antelope over the last several months. Keep up the great work.

I would definately have to agree with you on an awesome year. Congrats and enjoy the spoils of all your hard work.

Thanks guys for all of the comments. I better savor this year because they are few and far between.