Intherut

A very sad day!

I add to all the above. Thank you for your sacrifice and service. That tag has to come your way again.

When you return there will be a tag with your name on it. I know it!! Thanks for you're service be safe and stay head strong!!

Thanks to all who have posted. So this is what happens:

I had to return the tag along with a coy of my official orders (AZGFD Draw Administration).

I do not get my money back.

I will get my points back. :rolleyes:

I will have to put back in the draw and try again next year.

My question to the AZGFD is:

What if this was a Sheep tag? I would have to put back in the draw knowing that my chances will not be very good to draw again. That kind of stinks.

What if this was a Strip Tag and you didn't have a lot of points? I would have to put back in the draw knowing that my chances will not be very good to draw again. That kind of stinks.

Same holds true for any Trophy tag for that matter. It is good that I get my points back but the AZGFD should recognize this and give the individual the same tag when they get back. After all they are keeping my money and I will have to give them more money when I get back to draw again, doesn't seem right but at least I got my points back!

Take care everyone!!!

I think the proposed g+ f hunt club should definitely cater to people being deployed. Thank you for your service.

• Like 2

I don't wanna sound like the bad guy and I thank you for your service but as the rules are written I don't think anyone should get their points or money back. Now before everyone attacks me and says what a horrible person I am for not thinking a military member should get the refund and points back I also don't think anyone else in the world should get either back. When we put in we have unforseen circumstances that could come up. That's the chance we take and as a military member you have agreed and promised to fulfill those duties so although it sucks you don't get your money or a tag when you get back I think it's fair for everyone as a whole. If I fall and break my arm the day before the hunt do I get my tag back the next year since I can't use it? If there are other health problems or deaths in the family or other work related issues that take me away from getting to go on my hunt do I get my tag back the next year? The answer is no. Everyone can go ahead and attack me now but that's just how I feel about the subject as a whole. Not just this instance. They can't make special exceptions for special circumstances. It's no different than if my job called me across the U.S the day before the hunt. It's my job and the military is your job.

• Like 3

Actually the rules as currently written allow deployed military to return their tags. This is why OP got his points back. Not refunding $ is unacceptablein my mind. Requiring payment for a good or service that will not be used the dept will not allow him to use once he returns the tag is unethical. Either let him return the tag and get his $ and pts back or tell him tough luck.

BC777 the difference between his deployment and your relocation is that his deployment reflects great personal sacrifice for the benefit of our nation. These guys have enough to worry about when we ask them to leave their friends and family worrying about $ and pts shouldn't be added to the list.

Just my .02

• Like 10

If the rule is he can return his tag for points then that's great. But I agree with the no refund policy. He signed up for it and wasn't forced into the military. It sucks I agree but the biggest thing I'm disagreeing with what he said is he should get that tag when he gets back. I have friends that are in the military that I have personally talked to about putting in and a lot of them decide to go the bonus point only route because of this problem the OP is facing right now. They tell me I would but I may be deployed any day so it would suck to get drawn and have to turn my tag back in. If he gets his points back then that's great. He could also donate the tag to different organizations like other people I know have done when unforseen circumstances arise. The example I gave about work taking me out of state was just a generalization because I know of a lot of people it has happened to. Usually they know it's a possibility and decide on just a bonus point that year and that's that. If he were to get a refund and a tag when he returned I think that would open up a lot of problems with people that had to eat their tag for other reasons. They would feel they deserve a tag when they got back and it would just be a mess. Once again people may think I'm being harsh when he is already in a tough situation but I feel this way about everyone that this might happen to no matter their profession or duty. Myself included.

• Like 2

I figured Bonecollector777 would come up with some type of response like this. Kind of reminds me of the spit-spat he was involved in over in the Shed Hunting forum a few months ago as to who had the bigger antler or most antlers. Wow. Awesome.

• Like 2

I figured Bonecollector777 would come up with some type of response like this. Kind of reminds me of the spit-spat he was involved in over in the Shed Hunting forum a few months ago as to who had the bigger antler or most antlers. Wow. Awesome.

Sorry man but all I see here is a guy expressing his opinion. He didn't make anything personal or say anything out of line. The OP said he felt he should get the tag when he comes back, BC777 disagreed and stated why, end of story. No one has any cause to be offended.

Let's keep it positive here folks. Now props to the OP for his service and commitment. Good luck out there and for heavens sake stay safe.

• Like 5

Thanks flatlander. . I'm definitely not trying to take anything away the OP and am thankful for what he is doing. Just don't think he should get a tag back. Intherut Thanks for bringing something into the post that had absolutely nothing to do with anything and didn't happen anything like that :)

Hope to see you post again once you get to your destination. Let us know if you need anything that you can't get there and we can come up with a care package.

• Like 6