Gut Pile

I drew 12A west 10/24-11/02!!! Scouting Services?

No problem. So many are so secretive of their knowledge of units. Ya still have to find em !

You don't need a scouting report,just talk to Todd Buck he is a wealth of info on his unit.I give you a good strating point,after a couple days the Sowatts road to Kanbab creek rd will be covered in deer!The burn is huge and you will see a lot of deer.Look for water and you will find deer,but many are moving so glass a lot in the burn early and late.I have hunted this with buds and family for many years and we always see a couple big bucks over 200 on this hunt.

Well, some unexpected expenses with the baby coming came up and won't be able to afford a scouting service. I did want to give a big thanks and shout out to Lance at Timberland Outfitters. Good guy! Class act! Also wanted to thank everyone for your suggestions! I'll do my best to hunt as much of the season as I can, but wife & family first. But who knows maybe, there's a buck with my name on it:) Thanks again to all of you! Happy Hunting!!

• Like 1

Have a two 12A tags for early archery. One for me and one for my son. Any clues to where to go. I am also new to archery hunting and have just the basic gear. :D

Have a two 12A tags for early archery. One for me and one for my son. Any clues to where to go. I am also new to archery hunting and have just the basic gear. :D

ya since this is your first post and youve obviously already done your due diligence let me give you my super secret spot. PM sent.

SPECIES RESULT HUNT NO. SEASON DATES OPEN AREAS PERMIT NO. REJECT DESCRIPTION

Deer Draw Successful 01183 08/22/2014 - 09/11/2014 UNIT 12A AND 12B ARCHERY-ONLY

I did not receive a pm. Looking for it though. Thank you for any input.

This is an old report but I think the info still applies. I used it for my 12bw rut tag last year and my solo hunt went well, dropped a nice buck. It shows both the AZ deer and the AZ/Utah migratory deer… just keep in mind the new 12 mile fence they put up last year along highway 89 in Utah funnels the deer under 6 or 8 tunnel points to prevent traffic accidents… it’s still new to the deer and its effect. Either way, take a look at the dates and elevation points for the areas your interested in… good form of data for pre-scouting reading.

http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/documents/TR-29-ANEVALUATIONOFANNUALMIGRATIONPATTERNSOFTHEPAUNSAUGUNTMULEDEERHERDBETWEENUTAHANDARIZONA.pdf

good luck!

not one of the MoNsTeRs, but i still like it! this was on the west side of the buckskin mtns.

post-4709-0-05894500-1408489344_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-51989400-1408489371_thumb.jpg

AES awesome buck Man! Got my fingers crossed for my hunt!