Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

help. im confused

here is a jim white panhead with a bolt sticking out then a manfrotto tripod with a bolt. how to mount this? usually the head has no bolt

post-9454-0-89961400-1406811338_thumb.jpg

you have to buy a thread adapter you can find them and B and H photo they are cheap maybe 5 dollars, just like buying a tv or something you dont know you need something else till you get home and try to set it up.

If that's a 1/4x20 thread you can probably get a rod coupling used for threadded rod at Home Depot or Ace if you don't have a buddy who is in construction that's an electrician, plumber, fitter etc.

Let me know if you can't find one and I mail you one. It's basically a 1/4 hex nut that/s 7/8" long.

got it. the screw into the panner was loctite in so was able to get out

• Like 1

Haha funny you posted this because I did the exact same thing setting up my tripod and adapter. Took me an hour to figure out what the heck hooked to what and what needed to be taken off and what needed to stay. Glad you figured it out!

Yes Becker is correct, the threaded post coming out of the JW panning head should unscrew. It normally does not come with a threaded post like that. Someone added it later.